Jim Barry McRae Wood Shiraz 2010 75cl
This is an age restricted product
You will be asked at checkout to verify that you are over the age of 18
£29.99 per 75cl
This wine honours the vision of pioneer Clare Valley winemaker Jim Barry. In 1964, Jim and his wife Nancy purchased 70 acres of prime grazing land from their gentleman neighbour Duncan McRae Wood and planted their first vineyard with Shiraz.
These mature, low-yielding vines consistently provide outstanding fruit which, since its inception in 1992, has established the McRae Wood as an exceptional example of Clare Shiraz. The McRae Wood has an enviable track record on the international and national wine show circuit, with past vintages amassing numerous trophies and gold medals.
The 2010 McRae Wood Shiraz offers highly perfumed and floral aromas of cedar, jasmine and caraway seed. The palate has flavours of blackberry, cranberry, damson plums and red currants. Fine grained tannins are astutely balanced with natural acidity and a creamy finish.
"Treat and store well, decant shortly before drinking." Peter Barry
Alc. 14% Vol.
- Brands: Jim Barry
- Grape Varieties: Shiraz - Syrah
- Countries: Clare Valley
- Price Ranges: £20 plus
- Wine Cellar: Red, Fine Wine
The McRae Wood
Treat and store well, decant shortly before consumption
The 2008 McRae Wood Shiraz offers highly perfumed and floral aromas of cedar, jasmine and caraway seed. The palate has flavours of blackberry, cranberry, damson plums and red currants. Fine grained tannins are astutely balanced with natural acidity and a creamy finish
Country of Origin
Jim Barry Wines,
Craig Hill Road,
South Australia 5453.
Negociants UK Ltd,
Pack - Glass
Contains Sulphur Dioxide/Sulphites
- These summary details have been prepared for information purposes only, and are designed to enhance your shopping experience on the Ocado website. While we have taken care in preparing this summary and believe it is accurate, it is not a substitute for your reading the product packaging and label prior to use. You should note that products and their ingredients are subject to change. If you do require precise ingredient information you should consult the manufacturer, whose contact details will appear on the packaging or label.
- Ocado is therefore unable to accept liability for any incorrect information. Where this description contains a link to another party's website for further information on the product, please note that Ocado has no control over and no liability for the contents of that website.
- You should also note that the picture images show only our serving suggestions of how to prepare your food - all table accessories and additional items and/or ingredients pictured with the product you are purchasing are not included.
- This data is supplied for personal use only. It may not be reproduced in any way whatsoever without Ocado Limited's prior consent, nor without due acknowledgement.