Offer - Lanson Black Label Brut Champagne NV 75cl
This is an age restricted product
You will be asked at checkout to verify that you are over the age of 18
Lanson Black Label is a pleasant, exuberant wine, displaying excellent length on the palate.
If there is one Non-Vintage Brut Champagne that is universally appreciated, it is surely Lanson Black Label, a great classic with a fresh and elegant style.
With a history dating back to 1760 Champagne Lanson is the third oldest house in Champagne and was awarded the Royal Warrant in 1860 by Queen Victoria. Champagne is an historic province in the northeast of France, best known for the production of the sparkling white wine that bears the region's name. Lanson are of the few producers to prevent malolactic fermentation, keeping their wines crisp and refreshing. The wine then has extended ageing in the historical wine cellars to mature and soften.
- Brands: Lanson
- Wine Styles: Dry, Champagne
- Countries: Champagne
- Options: Top Offers, On Offer
- Price Ranges: £20 plus
- Wine Cellar: Champagne
Best served at between 8 - 10ºC. Lanson Black Label can be enjoyed any time, as an aperitif, with food and at all celebrations
Chardonnay, Pinot Noir, Pinot Meunier
Lanson Black Label has a brilliant, clear colour with amber highlights and a joyful stream of fine bubbles. The nose reveals springtime aromas as well as some subtle ¿toasty¿ and honey notes. On the palate ripe fruits and citrus and a light fresh finish.
Well suited to drinking as an aperitif or with canapes and light dishes.
Lanson International UK Ltd
Jean Paul Gandon
An emblematic cuvée, Lanson Black Label owes its name to Victor Lanson, a passionate visionary who in 1937 wished to pay homage to the key market of the House at the time, Great Britain. The style of this champagne blend is constant throughout the years, a balance between power and elegance, strong wine aromas and finesse, truly characteristic of the Lanson style.
The Champagne terroir has two major distinguishing features: northerly latitude and a dual climate that is subject to oceanic and continental influences alike. The subsoil in Champagne is predominantly limestone. This type of subsoil provides good drainage and also imparts that particular mineral flavour found in certain Champagne wines.
Contrary to the production method widely used by other houses to quicken their champagne's maturing process, at Lanson we use the traditional production method insisting that our champagnes age naturally to allow their flavours to gradually evolve.
Country of Origin
Allergy Other Text:
Contains sulphites E220
Full Product Name:
Black Label Brut - French Champagne
Product of France
Allergens can be found in the ingredients list
Contains Sulphur Dioxide/Sulphites
Suitable for Vegetarians; Suitable for Vegans
- Tesco Price Match
- ** Matched to Tesco's standard retail price on 30-Mar-2015 at 02:23. See our Terms and Conditions for full details.
- These summary details have been prepared for information purposes only, and are designed to enhance your shopping experience on the Ocado website. While we have taken care in preparing this summary and believe it is accurate, it is not a substitute for your reading the product packaging and label prior to use. You should note that products and their ingredients are subject to change. If you do require precise ingredient information you should consult the manufacturer, whose contact details will appear on the packaging or label.
- Ocado is therefore unable to accept liability for any incorrect information. Where this description contains a link to another party's website for further information on the product, please note that Ocado has no control over and no liability for the contents of that website.
- You should also note that the picture images show only our serving suggestions of how to prepare your food - all table accessories and additional items and/or ingredients pictured with the product you are purchasing are not included.
- This data is supplied for personal use only. It may not be reproduced in any way whatsoever without Ocado Limited's prior consent, nor without due acknowledgement.