Laphroaig Quarter Cask 70cl
This is an age restricted product
You will be asked at checkout to verify that you are over the age of 18
Laphroaig today breathes new life into the tradition. Still-maturing whisky from our standard ex-bourbon barrels is transferred to quarter casks and left to rest in our warehouse just a stone's throw the Atlantic shore. This increased oak contact creates a soft and velvety edge to complement Laphroaig's distinctive peatiness. The finish is long and alternates between this sweetness and smoke.
In the 19th century, Scotch whisky was frequently transported across the Glens in quarter casks, which fitted on a packhorse. When progress sounded their death knell, it also banished the greater intensity of maturation created by the smaller container - which offers up to 30% more contact between the oak and the liquid.
- Brands: Laphroaig
Store in a cool dry place.
Please note Laphroaig Quarter Cask may go cloudy with the addition of water in the glass. This is perfectly normal when a whisky is non chill-filtered.
Best savoured with a little cool water
Preparation and Usage
Please note that any cloudiness when mixed with water is normal for a whisky that hasn't been chill-filtered, but instead barrier filtered only - the method used when the quarter cask was king.
A soft sweetness and velvety feel when first tasted, then the intense peatiness so unique to Laphroaig, comes bursting through. The finish is very long and alternates between the sweetness and the peat.
Return To Address
Maxxium UK Ltd,
Castle Business Park,
1 Fill a clean mixing glass with fresh, solid ice cubes
2 Add a dash of Angostura Bitters, 50ml Laphroaig 10 years old and 25ml Sweet Vermouth
3 Place a barspoon down the inside of the glass and stir briskly for around 25 seconds
4 Place a julep strainer over the top
5 Strain into a cocktail glass, garnish with an orange zest, and serve
Each Islay Manhattan contains approximately 2.5 units of alcohol.
Laphroaig Rocks / Neat
1 Take a good solid rocks glass
2 Ensure it is perfectly clean
3 Add 2 or 3 large, solid ice cubes
4 Measure in 25ml or 50ml
of your favourite expression of Laphroaig
Each 25ml measure of Laphroaig contains 1 unit of alcohol.
Country of Origin
Country of Packing
Distilled and bottled by:
D. Johnston & Co.,
Isle of Islay.
- Tesco Price Match
- ** Matched to Tesco's standard retail price on 22-Apr-2017 at 01:38. See our Terms and Conditions for full details.
- These summary details have been prepared for information purposes only, and are designed to enhance your shopping experience on the Ocado website. While we have taken care in preparing this summary and believe it is accurate, it is not a substitute for your reading the product packaging and label prior to use. You should note that products and their ingredients are subject to change. If you do require precise ingredient information you should consult the manufacturer, whose contact details will appear on the packaging or label.
- Ocado is therefore unable to accept liability for any incorrect information. Where this description contains a link to another party's website for further information on the product, please note that Ocado has no control over and no liability for the contents of that website.
- You should also note that the picture images show only our serving suggestions of how to prepare your food - all table accessories and additional items and/or ingredients pictured with the product you are purchasing are not included.
- This data is supplied for personal use only. It may not be reproduced in any way whatsoever without Ocado Limited's prior consent, nor without due acknowledgement.