Laverstoke Organic Beef Rump Steak Typically: 220g
4 days guaranteed (avg. 12.5)*
Price per kg: £25.99
Min. weight: 0.2kg
Max. weight: 0.24kg
Rump Steak¿ Often referred to as the `steak eaters steak`!
Making up the `Big Four` of outstanding steak cuts alongside Fillet, Sirloin and Ribeye is the Rump Steak. This steak has always been a popular choice in restaurants and gastro pubs up and down the country. Rump steak has arguably more depth of flavour than the other well-known steak cuts. Cut from the hind quarter it has to work a little harder than the other steak muscles but this is to its own benefit in terms of texture and ultimate taste. Rump steak is naturally lean with a great robust true beefy flavour and juicy bite. Matured in a time honoured way, our bespoke maturation chamber allows our meat to slow age naturally developing its texture and intensifying the flavour. All our Rump steaks are expertly cut and trimmed by hand.
Laverstoke Park Farm
Keep refrigerated below 4°C after purchasing.
If freezing, freeze on day of purchase and consume within 1 month.
Defrost thoroughly and use within 24 hours. Once thawed do not re-freeze.
This is our preferred and recommended cooking method:
About 20 minutes before you start cooking, take the steak from the refrigerator allowing the steak to come to room temperature. Allowing the meat to come to room temperature is important as it helps the meat cook more evenly, stay tender and remain juicy. Pat dry the steak using kitchen towel.
Rub the steak with a little olive oil and season with a little salt and some freshly ground black pepper. Make sure your non-stick frying pan or griddle is pre-heated to a medium/high temperature before you start to cook the steak. It should be just hot enough that you hear the meat sizzle when it hits the pan. (Using a pan which is not hot enough can cause toughness)
Add a little plain olive oil to the pan. Using a pair of kitchen tongs carefully place the steak into the centre of the pan or onto the griddle. Do not be tempted to shake the pan or move the steak at this stage. (Doing so actually only acts to cools the pan unnecessarily). Allow the steak to sear properly and cook half way through to your desired eating preference before turning it over only once.
Considering that all appliances vary and the thickness of the steak, we suggest the following times. Once evenly seared turn over and continue cooking to your liking.
COOKING TIMES INTERNAL TEMPERATURE
Rare / Medium Rare 1-2 minutes per side 45-52°C
Medium 3 minutes per side 55-60°C
Well Done 4 minutes per side 64-70°C
If you have a meat thermometer check the internal temperature of your steak.
Once cooked remove the steaks from the pan and leave on a pre-warmed plate. (just warm enough to handle). Loosely cover with foil and allow the steak to rest for at least as long as time it spent cooking. During resting the juices move evenly throughout the whole steak and its full flavour and tenderness develop.
Our own recommended cooking preference would be to serve this particular steak medium rare and to carve before serving.
Finally always use a sharp knife that is not serrated to cut your steak. A serrated blade encourages people to saw at their steak. A sharp knife slices cleanly and enhances the whole dining experience. If carving before serving slice across the meats natural grain to ensure absolute succulence.
Serving Suggestion: Being a robustly flavoured steak, rump lends itself well to being served alongside other heartily flavoured foods such as garlic or mustard mashed potato, and served with a rich red wine, cep and parsley sauce. Delicious¿
Caution: When handling raw meat, ensure all surfaces, utensils and hands are thoroughly cleaned afterwards. This product contains raw meat.
Return To Address
Laverstoke Park Farm,
Country of Origin
Country of Packing
Laverstoke Park Farm,
Tray & Heat Sealed
Base - Plastic - check local recycling
Film - Plastic - not currently recycled
At Laverstoke Park Farm we farm organically with two of the most famous beef breeds in the world; Traditional Hereford and Aberdeen Angus. Our cattle are not crossbred to grow bigger or faster, in fact our Herefords can be traced back to the original pure bred population. Occasionally, to help with supply, we source cattle from our trusted local organic partner farms who farm with the same ethos.
We have our own fully licenced, EEC multi-species abattoir on the farm. This unique facility, carefully designed with the help of Temple Grandin, ensures top priority is given to our animal welfare. Calm animals settle in bedded pens, whilst classical music plays in the background. These contributing factors ultimately guarantee the overall quality of the product.
|Typical Values||per 100g|
|of which saturates (g)||1.7g|
|of which sugars (g)||0g|
- Life guarantee
- * Minimum life based on 'use-by' date of product. Average life based on last week's deliveries. Life guarantee shown based on delivery tomorrow and includes day of delivery. Please book a slot to view Life guarantee for your chosen delivery day. See Terms and Conditions for further details.
- These summary details have been prepared for information purposes only, and are designed to enhance your shopping experience on the Ocado website. While we have taken care in preparing this summary and believe it is accurate, it is not a substitute for your reading the product packaging and label prior to use. You should note that products and their ingredients are subject to change. If you do require precise ingredient information you should consult the manufacturer, whose contact details will appear on the packaging or label.
- Ocado is therefore unable to accept liability for any incorrect information. Where this description contains a link to another party's website for further information on the product, please note that Ocado has no control over and no liability for the contents of that website.
- You should also note that the picture images show only our serving suggestions of how to prepare your food - all table accessories and additional items and/or ingredients pictured with the product you are purchasing are not included.
- This data is supplied for personal use only. It may not be reproduced in any way whatsoever without Ocado Limited's prior consent, nor without due acknowledgement.