Laverstoke Organic Buffalo Mozzarella 125g
7 days guaranteed (avg. 11)*
£22.40 per kg
Pasteurised Buffalo Mozzarella
Laverstoke Park Farm's buffalo mozzarella is made on our farm using our fresh, creamy buffalo milk from our herds of water buffalo. We make mozzarella in the finest Italian tradition, just adding a little passion of our own along the way. We believe our buffalo mozzarella is the very best with an unparalleled freshness and fullness of flavour.
This product is pasteurised.
Some of our customers with an intolerance to cow's milk can consume buffalo milk with no ill effects. Please visit our website at www.laverstokepark.co.uk or check with an expert.
Laverstoke Park Farm
Keep refrigerated until ready to eat. Bring up to room temperature naturally and drain. Consume within 3 days of opening.
Keep refrigerated below 5°C.
How should you eat it?
Consider the firmness of the mozzarella before deciding how you are going to eat it.
- If it is very firm - serve it as eaten in Italy, completely naturally - simply cut in half and eaten with your fingers! When mozzarella is really fresh, you will experience a burst of freshness, the milk will ooze out... southern Italians say that if you don't have a mess on your face, you aren't eating mozzarella! This is what fresh mozzarella is really about.
- If it is less firm it is best eaten as Insalata Caprese - with tomato, fresh basil and olive oil - a wonderful Italian antipasto (starter) - for variety you can add olives, balsamic vinegar, garlic.
And if you haven't managed to eat it whilst it was very firm - it is still lovely if you add it to your Tomato Pasta. See our website for the recipe - but in a nutshell once you are ready to serve it, tear the ball of mozzarella into chunks and add to the sauce. Tear a handful of basil leaves and add to the sauce. Turn off the heat - Pour over the pasta. Mmmh... delicious.
In many cases people with aversions to cow's milk can consume buffalo milk with no ill effect. However, anyone wishing to use buffalo milk as a prophylactic should first seek medical advice
Preparation and Usage
Enjoy our mozzarella at room temperature with fresh tomatoes and basil leaves and a drizzle of mild olive oil. We also enjoy chunks of mozzarella stirred into soups and pasta sauces.
Country of Origin
Laverstoke Park Farm Ltd.,
EU Organic - GB-ORG-05 EU agriculture
Buffalo Milk, Salt*, Rennnet*, * Organic unless asterisked
|Typical Values||Per 100g|
- Life guarantee
- * Minimum life based on 'use-by' date of product. Average life based on last week's deliveries. Life guarantee shown based on delivery tomorrow and includes day of delivery. Please book a slot to view Life guarantee for your chosen delivery day. See Terms and Conditions for further details.
- These summary details have been prepared for information purposes only, and are designed to enhance your shopping experience on the Ocado website. While we have taken care in preparing this summary and believe it is accurate, it is not a substitute for your reading the product packaging and label prior to use. You should note that products and their ingredients are subject to change. If you do require precise ingredient information you should consult the manufacturer, whose contact details will appear on the packaging or label.
- Ocado is therefore unable to accept liability for any incorrect information. Where this description contains a link to another party's website for further information on the product, please note that Ocado has no control over and no liability for the contents of that website.
- You should also note that the picture images show only our serving suggestions of how to prepare your food - all table accessories and additional items and/or ingredients pictured with the product you are purchasing are not included.
- This data is supplied for personal use only. It may not be reproduced in any way whatsoever without Ocado Limited's prior consent, nor without due acknowledgement.