Laverstoke Park Semi Skimmed Buffalo Milk Unhomogenised 750ml
6 days guaranteed (avg. 11)*
Price per litre: £2.40
Our natural, un-homogenised buffalo milk is a totally natural product that can be used like any other milk, it is perfect for everyday use in tea and cereals and came out top in blind taste tests against other milks. Buffalo milk is creamier in consistency than cow's, so our semi skimmed buffalo milk is akin to cow's full fat. In addition to our buffalo milk being delicious the cholesterol content is lower than that of cows milk (buffalo is 0.65mg/g compared to cow's 3.14 mg/g), furthermore buffalo milk is more than 11% higher in protein than cow's milk. Many people tell us how although they have intolerance to cow's milk they can tolerate buffalo milk.
Laverstoke Park Farm
Refrigerate at below 5ºC.
Preparation and Usage
Laverstoke buffalo milk is unhomogenised. It should be shaken vigorously before using. What is Homogenisation? Homogenisation is a process that takes any milk that has cream in it and breaks down the cream particles so that they are the same size particles as the rest of the milk. This is done by forcing the milk through a series of screens at high pressure. This process keeps the milk from separating and the cream from rising to the top. In days gone by all milk was unhomogenised. The cream always settled on the top of the milk bottles when it was left on the door step. We aim to keep our products as natural as possible. When milk is homogenised the fat particles in the milk are broken down. Buffalo milk has a higher cream/fat content than cow’s milk.One of the reasons people love our milk is because it is not homogenised
Return To Address
Laverstoke Park Produce LLP,
Country of Origin
Country of Packing
Laverstoke Park Produce LLP,
In many cases people with aversions to cow's milk can consume Buffalo Milk with no ill effect. However anyone wishing to use Buffalo Milk as a prophylactic should first seek medical advice. Buffalo milk has a higher cream/fat content than cow's milk and must be shaken prior to use as the cream will settle.
Allergens can be found in the ingredients list
Contains Lactose, Contains Milk
|Typical Values||per 100ml|
|of which saturates (g)||0.9|
|of which sugars (g)||5.1|
- Life guarantee
- * Minimum life based on 'use-by' date of product. Average life based on last week's deliveries. Life guarantee shown based on delivery tomorrow and includes day of delivery. Please book a slot to view Life guarantee for your chosen delivery day. See Terms and Conditions for further details.
- These summary details have been prepared for information purposes only, and are designed to enhance your shopping experience on the Ocado website. While we have taken care in preparing this summary and believe it is accurate, it is not a substitute for your reading the product packaging and label prior to use. You should note that products and their ingredients are subject to change. If you do require precise ingredient information you should consult the manufacturer, whose contact details will appear on the packaging or label.
- Ocado is therefore unable to accept liability for any incorrect information. Where this description contains a link to another party's website for further information on the product, please note that Ocado has no control over and no liability for the contents of that website.
- You should also note that the picture images show only our serving suggestions of how to prepare your food - all table accessories and additional items and/or ingredients pictured with the product you are purchasing are not included.
- This data is supplied for personal use only. It may not be reproduced in any way whatsoever without Ocado Limited's prior consent, nor without due acknowledgement.