Le Petit Chat Malin Pays d'Oc Red 75cl
This is an age restricted product
You will be asked at checkout to verify that you are over the age of 18
£6.49 per 75cl
Try it with a hearty meat dish, cheeses or simply lap it up all on its lonesome... Purrrfect!
Our 'cunning little cat' ('Le Petit Chat Malin' in its native French) is a tasty wine made from specially selected grapes harvested in the vineyards of sunny southern France.
Alc. 13.5% Vol.
Planted here are both traditional grape varieties such as Grenache Gris (which makes very fine rosé) and Grenache Noir (try Pasquiers for a full-bodied flavoursome find); as well as the 'cépages améliorateurs' (varieties introduced in the last twenty to thirty years) such as Syrah and Merlot for reds, Viognier and Sauvignon Blanc for whites. Eric Monnin, Boutinot's winemaker responsible for the Languedoc, is constantly on the look-out for producers who have hidden gems, visiting domaines, seeking out new parcels as well as counselling winemakers before the harvest on e.g. softening harsh tannins in reds, or retaining acidity and expressing aromatics in whites. Then once the grapes have been picked, vinified and the wines barely finished, he tastes these 'brut de cuve' wines intensively and repeatedly over the next six months in collaboration with Samantha Bailey and Kim Tidy to select and blend the styles we seek and decide on their maturation, optimum bottling month and release date to the market.
- Brands: Le Petit Chat
- Grape Varieties: Grenache, Shiraz - Syrah
- Wine Styles: Full Bodied
- Countries: Rhone
- Price Ranges: £6 to £8
- Wine Cellar: Red, IWSC
Preparation and Usage
Le Petit Chat Malin is a wine of quality and character. Try it with a hearty meat dish, cheeses or simply lap it up all on its lonesome!
This luscious red is made from selected parcels of old vine Grenache and Syrah (aka Shiraz), making it a truly mouth-filling wine packed with rich, juicy and ripe berry fruit flavours, a touch of soft tannin and a subtle twist of spice.
Try it with a hearty meat dish, cheeses or simply lap it up all on its lonesome!
Country of Origin
Country of Packing
Mis en Bouteille à F71570-084 pour Boutinot 71570 France
Pack - Glass
Allergens can be found in the ingredients list
Contains Sulphur Dioxide/Sulphites
Hampshire breed free range pork is renowned for its flavour and succulence, and makes a perfect roasting joint.
2 hrs 10 mins
- These summary details have been prepared for information purposes only, and are designed to enhance your shopping experience on the Ocado website. While we have taken care in preparing this summary and believe it is accurate, it is not a substitute for your reading the product packaging and label prior to use. You should note that products and their ingredients are subject to change. If you do require precise ingredient information you should consult the manufacturer, whose contact details will appear on the packaging or label.
- Ocado is therefore unable to accept liability for any incorrect information. Where this description contains a link to another party's website for further information on the product, please note that Ocado has no control over and no liability for the contents of that website.
- You should also note that the picture images show only our serving suggestions of how to prepare your food - all table accessories and additional items and/or ingredients pictured with the product you are purchasing are not included.
- This data is supplied for personal use only. It may not be reproduced in any way whatsoever without Ocado Limited's prior consent, nor without due acknowledgement.