Le Petit Chat Malin Rose 75cl
This is an age restricted product
You will be asked at checkout to verify that you are over the age of 18
Price per 75cl: £6.29
- Brands: Le Petit Chat
- Grape Varieties: Grenache, Shiraz - Syrah
- Wine Styles: Dry
- Countries: Languedoc-Roussillon
- Price Ranges: £6 to £8
- Wine Cellar: Rose, Decanter
Le Petit Chat Malin
Cinsault, Grenache, Shiraz/Syrah
A fruity, mouth-filling Rosé packed with juicy red berry flavours, a touch of floral aromas and a subtle twist of sweet spice.
The Oc, or `Pays dOc as youll see it on most labels, refers to the Languedoc-Roussillon region of southern France, known by the French as `Le Midi. Geographically the Oc covers an incredibly broad swathe of vineyards from the Rhône delta in the middle of southern France, arcing all the way round to the Spanish border on her Mediterranean seaboard. Planted here are both traditional grape varieties such as Grenache Gris (which makes very fine rosé) and Grenache Noir (try Pasquiers for a full-bodied flavoursome find); as well as the `cépages améliorateurs (varieties introduced in the last twenty to thirty years) such as Syrah and Merlot for reds, Viognier and Sauvignon Blanc for whites.
Eric Monnin, Boutinots winemaker responsible for the Languedoc, is constantly on the look-out for producers who have hidden gems, visiting domaines, seeking out new parcels as well as counselling winemakers before the harvest on e.g. softening harsh tannins in reds, or retaining acidity and expressing aromatics in whites. Then once the grapes have been picked, vinified and the wines barely finished, he tastes these `brut de cuve wines intensively and repeatedly over the next six months in collaboration with Samantha Bailey and Kim Tidy to select and blend the styles we seek and decide on their maturation, optimum bottling month and release date to the market.
Made by the `rosé de presse method where the grapes are not macerated on their skins but go straight to the press where the finer aroma and the flavour compounds located just under the skins are gently extracted on a slow cycle. The grapes are then discarded. They are not re-used to make red wine. This process is therefore both more expensive and wasteful - as extraction is limited to about 50% of the potential total - but is favoured to release the best elements needed for a subtle and elegant rosé. Following alcoholic fermentation all the seperate cuves were tasted and various trial blends made before deciding on the final blend of 50% Cinsault, 30% Grenache Noir and 20% Syrah.
Country of Origin
Pack - Glass
Suitable for Vegetarians; Suitable for Vegans
There are few things more delightful than an strawberry tart on a hot day. This strawberry tart calls for the strawberries to be marinated in rosé wine, making this tart even more of a winner.
Despite appearing on Shaun Hill's menu as a dessert, this dish could also be enjoyed as a light starter, as it is in some parts of Europe.
- These summary details have been prepared for information purposes only, and are designed to enhance your shopping experience on the Ocado website. While we have taken care in preparing this summary and believe it is accurate, it is not a substitute for your reading the product packaging and label prior to use. You should note that products and their ingredients are subject to change. If you do require precise ingredient information you should consult the manufacturer, whose contact details will appear on the packaging or label.
- Ocado is therefore unable to accept liability for any incorrect information. Where this description contains a link to another party's website for further information on the product, please note that Ocado has no control over and no liability for the contents of that website.
- You should also note that the picture images show only our serving suggestions of how to prepare your food - all table accessories and additional items and/or ingredients pictured with the product you are purchasing are not included.
- This data is supplied for personal use only. It may not be reproduced in any way whatsoever without Ocado Limited's prior consent, nor without due acknowledgement.