Offer - Linwoods Milled Organic Flaxseed 425g
Linwoods Milled Organic Flaxseed
Our Flaxseed is grown in Canada, which is renowned as one of the best growing countries in the world for Flaxseed, and we work closely with the Flaxseed Council of Canada to ensure that only the highest quality and standard of Flaxseed reaches our customers. Our Flaxseed is Cold-Milled to protect all the nutritional goodness and Omega oils contained in the seed. Flaxseed is one of nature's richest sources of Omega 3 (ALA) which is an essential fatty acid required in our body.
Our healthy super foods are milled to aid quick and easy absorption into the body, so you can feel the immediate benefits of a wide range of essential fatty acids, vitamins and minerals in your diet, naturally.
This energy rich seed is nutritionally dense to support a balanced diet and active lifestyle.
Health Benefits Include:
Omega 3 (ALA) - Essential fatty acid used by the body & may help to maintain a healthy heart.
Protein - Important for the growth and repair of muscles, bones and skin.
Dietary Fibre - Helps to maintain healthy bowel regularity, maintain blood sugar levels and may assist in lowering cholesterol.
Lignans - High in antioxidants which assist in eliminating excess free radicals from the body.
Iron - An integral part of many proteins and enzymes that maintain good health. Important for oxygen transport and the reproduction of red blood cells.
Zinc - Necessary for immune system function and antioxidants protection of body cells and tissues.
Per 30g serving 51% of the Fat is Omega 3, 7.2g of Omega 3, Iron 15% RDA, 8.7g of Dietary Fibre, 11% RDA Zinc, 10% RDA Calcium
Source of Zinc & Calcium
Good source of Iron
Rich source of Fibre: per 30g - 8.7g
High in Omega 3 Fatty Acids
Nurture by nature
Healthy super foods
No added sugar - contains naturally occurring sugars
www.linwoodshealthfoods.com or visit our facebook page @ linwoods super foods.
- Brands: Linwoods
- Dietary & Lifestyle: Yeast Free, Organic, Vegetarian, Milk Free, Gluten Free
- Options: On Offer
At Linwoods we source only the finest quality seeds, nuts and berries from around the world to produce our natural, tasty and nutritious healthy super foods.
Our healthy super foods are cold milled to aid quick and easy absorption into the body, so you can feel the immediate nutritional benefit in your diet, naturally.
Suitable for Home Freezing
Add two heaped dessert spoonfuls daily (30g) to any meal or snack. Try adding to cereal, porridge, fruit, yoghurt, salads, smoothies, casseroles, stir-fry & more.
Our tasty and nutritious healthy super foods can be added to complement any meal at any time of the day.
We recommend 25 - 30 grams = Two heaped dessert spoonfuls daily
Breakfast - Jump start your metabolism with a boost of energy add to: Porridge, Hot or Cold Cereals, Granola, Muffins, Yoghurt, Fruit, Fruit or Vegetable Smoothies, Eggs.
Lunch - For a delicious and nutritious lunch add to: Salads - Salad Dressing, Cottage Cheese, Soup, Sandwiches, Wraps.
Evening - For a nutritious and tasty boost to your evening meal add to: Pasta, Rice Dishes, Casseroles, Stuffing, Stir-Fry, Sauces, Cous Cous, Baked Potatoes
Caution: This product is packed in a plant where sesame seeds and nuts are handled
Country of Origin
190 Monaghan Road,
Full Product Name:
Milled Organic Flaxseed
Keep refrigerated after opening.
Use within 45 days of opening. Also suitable for freezing.
Crossed Grain Symbol - GB-007-001, EU Organic - GB-ORG-05, Agriculture of Canada
Packaged in a protective atmosphere.
Allergens can be found in the ingredients list
Free From Dairy
Free From Gluten
May Contain Nuts
May Contain Sesame
May Contain Soya
Allergy Advice: For allergens see highlighted ingredients
100% Organic Flaxseed
Suitable for Vegetarians
Suitable for Vegans
Suitable for Coeliacs
No Added Sugar
|Typical Values||Per 100G||Per 30G|
|Of which: Saturates||4.5g||1.35g|
|Of which: Sugars||1.8g||0.54g|
|Potassium||720mg 36%||216mg 11%|
|Calcium||170mg 21%||51mg 6%|
|Phosphorus||460mg 66%||138mg 20%|
|Magnesium||380mg 101%||114mg 30%|
|Iron||7.06mg 50%||2.1mg 15%|
|Zinc||5.5mg 55%||1.65mg 17%|
|Omega 3 (Alpha-linolenic Acid)||19.4g||5.82g|
|*RI = Reference intake|
Unlike the banana muffins I grew up loving, these muffins are delicious and health-enhancing. They’re totally vegan, sugar and gluten free and packed full of nutritious energy. The banana caramelises, giving the muffins a strong natural sweetness. I love to add the walnuts for an essential crunch in what is a perfectly light treat. Recipe kindly provided by Naturally Sassy.
Containing coconut water, this green smoothie is packed full of friendly ingredients to help improve muscle and brain function, blood pressure and hydration. The lime gives it a citrusy twist and the cucumber makes it the perfect cool companion for long summer afternoon's spent baking in the sun. Double or even triple the recipe to make more for your friends or to chill in the fridge later.
- Life guarantee
- * Minimum life based on 'use-by' date of product. Average life based on last week's deliveries. Life guarantee shown based on delivery tomorrow with the Life guarantee starting the following day. Please book a slot to view Life guarantee for your chosen delivery day. See Terms and Conditions for further details.
- These summary details have been prepared for information purposes only, and are designed to enhance your shopping experience on the Ocado website. While we have taken care in preparing this summary and believe it is accurate, it is not a substitute for your reading the product packaging and label prior to use. You should note that products and their ingredients are subject to change. If you do require precise ingredient information you should consult the manufacturer, whose contact details will appear on the packaging or label.
- Ocado is therefore unable to accept liability for any incorrect information. Where this description contains a link to another party's website for further information on the product, please note that Ocado has no control over and no liability for the contents of that website.
- You should also note that the picture images show only our serving suggestions of how to prepare your food - all table accessories and additional items and/or ingredients pictured with the product you are purchasing are not included.
- This data is supplied for personal use only. It may not be reproduced in any way whatsoever without Ocado Limited's prior consent, nor without due acknowledgement.