Offer - Marriage's Finest Plain Flour 1.5kg
93.3p per kg
W & H Marriage & Sons Ltd has been milling flour in Essex since 1824.
Marriage's was founded by twins William and Henry nearly 200 years ago. Today the fifth and sixth generations of the Marriage family continue the milling tradition. We source the best quality wheat, much of it from farmers within 30 miles of Chelmer Mills (pictured above), including our own arable farms. Our flour is produced using a combination of the traditional techniques we have trusted for generations and the best modern milling technology.
Marriage's range includes Organic, Speciality and Stoneground flours.
Follow us on facebook and twitter
Store in a cool dry place.
Chocolate Chip Oat Cookies
Preparation Time 15 minutes
Baking Time 15 minutes
Makes about 32 medium cookies
200g Finest Plain flour
150g dark chocolate, roughly chopped
100g walnut pieces, chopped
225g unsalted butter, softened
175g light brown muscovado sugar
100g caster sugar
1/2 teaspoon vanilla essence
1 large free-range egg plus 1 yolk
200g porridge oats
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon bicarbonate of soda
Several baking trays, lightly greased
1. Preheat the oven to 160°C fan/180°C/350°F/Gas 4.
2. Cream the butter, sugars and vanilla.
3. Add the egg, plus yolk, and combine.
4. Sift in the flour, salt and bicarbonate of soda and fold into the mixture.
5. Fold in the oats, chocolate and walnuts, using a wooden spoon.
6. Form the mixture into walnut-sized balls and arrange well apart on the prepared trays to allow for spreading.
7. Bake in the heated oven for about 15 minutes until golden. Be careful not to overbake to keep a chewy rather than crunchy texture.
8. Remove from the oven and leave the cookies to cool for 5 minutes before transferring them to a wire rack. Leave to cool completely, then store in an airtight container.
To make raisin and oat cookies: substitute the dark chocolate pieces for 150g raisins.
W & H Marriage & Sons Ltd,
Bag - Paper
Packing - Recyclable
Allergy Advice: For allergens see highlighted ingredients
Flour (Wheat Flour, Calcium, Iron, Niacin, Thiamin)
|Typical Values||Per 100g|
|of which saturates||0.3g|
|of which sugars||2.8g|
- These summary details have been prepared for information purposes only, and are designed to enhance your shopping experience on the Ocado website. While we have taken care in preparing this summary and believe it is accurate, it is not a substitute for your reading the product packaging and label prior to use. You should note that products and their ingredients are subject to change. If you do require precise ingredient information you should consult the manufacturer, whose contact details will appear on the packaging or label.
- Ocado is therefore unable to accept liability for any incorrect information. Where this description contains a link to another party's website for further information on the product, please note that Ocado has no control over and no liability for the contents of that website.
- You should also note that the picture images show only our serving suggestions of how to prepare your food - all table accessories and additional items and/or ingredients pictured with the product you are purchasing are not included.
- This data is supplied for personal use only. It may not be reproduced in any way whatsoever without Ocado Limited's prior consent, nor without due acknowledgement.