Marriage's Very Strong Canadian Wholemeal Flour 1.5kg
13p per 100g
W & H Marriage & Sons Ltd has been milling flour in Essex since 1824.
Marriage's was founded by twins William and Henry nearly 200 years ago. Today the fifth and sixth generations of the Marriage family continue the milling tradition. We create our exceptionally strong stoneground wholemeal flour by milling 100% Canadian Western Red Spring wheat, world renowned for its excellent milling and baking quality, on Victorian French Burr millstones which play a vital part in the flour's taste and texture.
Marriage's range includes organic, speciality and stoneground flours.
Follow us on Facebook and Twitter
Store in a cool, dry place.
Once opened, store in an airtight container.
Best Before See top of pack.
15 minutes plus proving time
Makes 2 small loaves or 1 large loaf
500g Very Strong Wholemeal 100% Canadian flour
7g dried fast action yeast (or 14g fresh yeast)
10g fat or olive oil
7g sea salt
330ml lukewarm water
Baking by Hand
1. Grease the bread tin(s). Place the flour, salt, yeast and fat into a large mixing bowl. Mix the fat through the flour and make a well in the centre of the flour mixture.
2. Add most of the water to the well, keeping a little in reserve, and mix to a soft dough. Add the remaining water if necessary.
3. Tip the dough onto a table and knead for 8-10 minutes.
4. Place the dough back into the bowl and cover with oiled cling film or a damp tea towel. Rest in a warm place until the dough doubles in size. This will take approximately 45 minutes
5. Split the dough into two pieces if desired.
Mould the dough round and fold to the shape of the tin(s). Place the dough piece into the tin, seam down, cover with oiled cling film or a damp tea towel. Put in a warm place and allow to rise about 1cm above the tin. This will take 45-60 minutes.
6. Uncover and bake in a preheated oven, 220°C fan/240°F/430°F/Gas 8. Bake small loaves for 20-25 minutes or a large loaf for 30-35 minutes.
7. Remove the loaf from the tin. Check it is baked by tapping the bottom of the loaf - it should sound hollow. Place on a wire rack to cool.
Using a Bread Machine
We recommend following the manufacturer's instructions, particularly the order in which to add ingredients and the water quantity.
To make a wholemeal and oat loaf: after proving, roll the dough in a bowl containing a small handful of jumbo oats, then place into the bread tin for the second prove.
W & H Marriage & Sons Ltd,
Bag - Paper
Packing - Recyclable
Full Product Name:
Stoneground Very Strong Wholemeal Bread Flour
Manufactured in the UK. Flour is made from Canadian wheat
Allergens can be found in the ingredients list
Allergy Advice: For allergens see highlighted ingredients
Wholemeal Wheat Flour
|Typical Values||Per 100g|
|of which saturates||0.5g|
|of which sugars||2.7g|
These flours are ideal for making bread rolls: well-risen and crusty yet with a moist light crumb. Adding a good extra-mature Cheddar cheese to the dough, and to the top of the rolls before baking, transforms them into a savoury treat for picnics, filled with salad or sliced ham, or to go with a flask of hot soup. The dough can also be baked as one large loaf in a 900g tin, or used to make pizza bases.
This recipe is made from both white and wholemeal bread flours to give plenty of flavour but a fairly light texture. The buns are excellent toasted and freeze well.
- These summary details have been prepared for information purposes only, and are designed to enhance your shopping experience on the Ocado website. While we have taken care in preparing this summary and believe it is accurate, it is not a substitute for your reading the product packaging and label prior to use. You should note that products and their ingredients are subject to change. If you do require precise ingredient information you should consult the manufacturer, whose contact details will appear on the packaging or label.
- Ocado is therefore unable to accept liability for any incorrect information. Where this description contains a link to another party's website for further information on the product, please note that Ocado has no control over and no liability for the contents of that website.
- You should also note that the picture images show only our serving suggestions of how to prepare your food - all table accessories and additional items and/or ingredients pictured with the product you are purchasing are not included.
- This data is supplied for personal use only. It may not be reproduced in any way whatsoever without Ocado Limited's prior consent, nor without due acknowledgement.