McDougalls Fast Action Dried Yeast Sachets 8 x 7g
over 3 weeks *
£1.77 per 100g
McDougalls yeast is suitable for use in any recipe requiring "quick", "fast action", "instant" or easy blend" yeast. McDougalls recommend Hovis Strong and Super Strong bread flours.
Baking Book Offer
Log onto our website to find out about our special baking book offer:
Store in a cool dry place.
See pack for full instructions.
Produced in a factory which handles wheat and gluten
Preparation and Usage
McDougalls Yeast Sachets are perfect for baking buns, rolls and loaves at home. Also suitable for use in a bread machine.
Return To Address
For questions & comments about our products, contact us:
(UK) 0800 022 3389
(ROI) 1850 202929
The Premier Foods Group,
PO Box 66093,
How to make:
McDougalls hand baked bread (makes 1 large loaf)
500g (1lb 2oz) Hovis Strong White Bread Flour
25g (1oz) butter
1 1/4 tsp salt
1 sachet McDougalls fast action bread yeast
300ml (10fl oz) warm water
2 tsp sugar to give added flavour and thicker crust (optional)
1. In a large bowl, mix together the flour, (optional sugar) and salt, rub in the butter and then stir in the yeast.
2. Stir in the water and mix into a soft dough by hand.
3. Knead for 5 minutes in an electric mixer fitted with a dough hook, or turn out onto a floured surface and knead well for 10 minutes by hand.
4. Shape the dough and place in a greased 2lb tin or on an oven tray. Cover with a clean, damp tea towel (this stops the dough from drying out), and leave in a warm place until doubled in size (1 1/2 - 2 hours).
5. Uncover and bake in an oven, preheated to 230°C (450°F, Gas Mark 8) for 30-35 minutes. The baked loaf should sound hollow when tapped underneath.
6. Take the loaf out of the tin and cool on a rack.
Add McDougalls Yeast to the rest of the ingredients in the bread pan (refer to your manufacturer's handbook), keeping the yeast separate from the salt and sugar.
Country of Origin
Country of Packing
The Premier Foods Group,
PO Box 66093,
Carton - Card - Widely Recycled; Sachet - Mixed Material - Not Currently Recycled
Full Product Name:
Fast Action Dried Yeast
Store in a cool, dry place
Sachet contents are packaged in a protective atmosphere.
Allergens can be found in the ingredients list
Allergy Advice: For allergens see highlighted ingredients
Yeast (94%), Calcium Sulphate, Emulsifier (Sorbitan Monostearate), Flour Treatment Agents (Ascorbic Acid, Alpha Amylase), Salt, Wheat Starch
Suitable for Vegetarians
|Typical Values||per 100g as sold|
|of which saturates||1.1g|
|of which sugars||19.9g|
Using good quality dark rum in this recipe is key to making an excellent batch of these boozy cakes.
Sweet, sun-dried tomatoes infuse this bread with a dense, resonant flavour. Take this loaf along to a picnic or garden party and serve with a selection of cheese or pâté.
This basic bread recipe is made more enticing by the addition of either sundried tomato paste, pesto or tapenade. Children will be able to help make the dough and knead it.
Kanelbullar, or cinnamon buns, are a classic at Swedish coffee parties. During the golden age of home baking, such parties turned into orgies of sweet yeast breads, small cookies, cookies with fillings, pastries and cakes. This tradition lives on in Sweden. If you are invited to someone's home for coffee, you always get a cinnamon bun, a cookie or a piece of cake with it.
This gluten free twist is great served warm with melted butter! No need for anything else although an extra spreading of chocolate spread wouldn't go amiss!
- Life guarantee
- Minimum life based on 'use-by' date of product. Average life based on last week's deliveries. Life guarantee shown based on delivery tomorrow with the Life guarantee starting the following day. Please book a slot to view Life guarantee for your chosen delivery day. See Terms and Conditions for further details.
- These summary details have been prepared for information purposes only, and are designed to enhance your shopping experience on the Ocado website. While we have taken care in preparing this summary and believe it is accurate, it is not a substitute for your reading the product packaging and label prior to use. You should note that products and their ingredients are subject to change. If you do require precise ingredient information you should consult the manufacturer, whose contact details will appear on the packaging or label.
- Ocado is therefore unable to accept liability for any incorrect information. Where this description contains a link to another party's website for further information on the product, please note that Ocado has no control over and no liability for the contents of that website.
- You should also note that the picture images show only our serving suggestions of how to prepare your food - all table accessories and additional items and/or ingredients pictured with the product you are purchasing are not included.
- This data is supplied for personal use only. It may not be reproduced in any way whatsoever without Ocado Limited's prior consent, nor without due acknowledgement.