McDougalls Shortcrust Pastry Mix 450g
over 1 month *
37.8p per 100g
McDougalls created their Shortcrust Pastry Mix to give your baking a light, crisp texture. Perfect for melt in the mouth quiches and tarts.
...All that experience, expertise and nothing but the highest quality ingredients go into our mixes. So, whatever you're baking, make sure McDougalls is the first ingredient on your list.
This recipe along with many more (including baking tips) is available on our website:
Store in a cool, dry place
See pack for full instructions.
Contains wheat gluten
Preparation and Usage
Makes 25 small tarts or will generously top and line 1 x 23cm pie dish
How much pastry mix to use?
Allow 225g mix to: Top a 23cm pie dish or make 12 small tarts
Allow 450g mix to top and line a 23cm pie dish.
For your pastry:
1. Empty 225g McDougalls Shortcrust Pastry mix into a bowl and add 45ml (3 tbsp) water.
2. Mix together with a knife until mixture comes together.
3. Using one hand bring together to form a ball of pastry.
Top Tip: Add a little more water if the pastry is crumbly and breaking.
4. Roll out on a floured surface, your pastry is now ready to use.
Savoury Mini Quiches
For the Pastry:
225g McDougalls Shortcrust Pastry Mix
45ml (3 tbsp) water
2 tbsp olive oil
1 small red onion - very finely chopped
1/2 small red pepper - finely chopped
1/2 small courgette - finely chopped
50 finely grated cheddar cheese
salt and pepper
1. Make up pastry as directed.
2. Roll the pastry out to 3-4mm thickness, cut out 18 rounds using a 7.5cm cutter and use to line greased bun tins.
3. Heat the olive oil in a pan and gently fry the onion until golden brown, add the pepper and courgette and fry until just soft.
4. Preheat fan oven to 160°C, conventional 180°C, Gas mark 4.
5. Cool the filling and then place a little in each case, and top with a little grated cheese.
6. Beat together the eggs, milk, salt and pepper and pour into each pastry case.
7. Bake for 20 - 25 minutes or until filling has set and is golden brown.
Country of Origin
Country of Packing
The Premier Foods Group,
Wheat Flour, Vegetable Oils, Raising Agents (E341(I), E500(i)), Barley Malt Flour, Salt, Lactose, Dried Milk Proteins
|Typical Values||per 100g as sold|
|of which sugars||1.1g|
|of which saturates||9.9g|
This versatile tart tastes just as good hot or cold, making it an ideal choice for outdoor dining.
1 hr 25 mins
- Life guarantee
- * Minimum life based on 'use-by' date of product. Average life based on last week's deliveries. Life guarantee shown based on delivery tomorrow and includes day of delivery. Please book a slot to view Life guarantee for your chosen delivery day. See Terms and Conditions for further details.
- These summary details have been prepared for information purposes only, and are designed to enhance your shopping experience on the Ocado website. While we have taken care in preparing this summary and believe it is accurate, it is not a substitute for your reading the product packaging and label prior to use. You should note that products and their ingredients are subject to change. If you do require precise ingredient information you should consult the manufacturer, whose contact details will appear on the packaging or label.
- Ocado is therefore unable to accept liability for any incorrect information. Where this description contains a link to another party's website for further information on the product, please note that Ocado has no control over and no liability for the contents of that website.
- You should also note that the picture images show only our serving suggestions of how to prepare your food - all table accessories and additional items and/or ingredients pictured with the product you are purchasing are not included.
- This data is supplied for personal use only. It may not be reproduced in any way whatsoever without Ocado Limited's prior consent, nor without due acknowledgement.