Medium Chicken essential Waitrose Typically: 1.6kg
3 days guaranteed (avg. 4)*
Price per kg: £3.28
Min. weight: 1.6kg
Max. weight: 1.9kg
Fresh British Chicken.
Ideal for roasting.
Chickens raised on Waitrose approved specialist farms in Northern Ireland, operating to high standards of animal welfare.
- Brands: Waitrose
Keep refrigerated below 4°C. Once opened consume within 2 days. Cool any leftovers to room temperature, refrigerate within 2 hours and consume within 2 days. Suitable for freezing on day of purchase. Use within one month. Defrost fully before use: do not refreeze once defrosted.
Preparation: Wash all work surfaces, cutting boards, utensils and hands after touching raw poultry and meat.
For best results roast in oven
Preheat oven. Remove all packaging. Place in a roasting dish, brush chicken with oil and season. Place in the centre of an oven until thoroughly cooked the juices run clear and there is no pink meat. If the breast browns too quickly cover with foil. Stand for 10 minutes before carving.
Electric 200°C 45mins/kg+20mins,
Fan 180°C 45mins/kg+20mins,
Gas gas 6 45mins/kg+20mins
Country of Origin
Waitrose Limited Bracknell
|Typical Values||per 100g|
|of which sugars||Traceg|
|of which saturates||3.8g|
Easy-peasy inspiration for after-work meals and simple entertaining.
1 hr 30 mins
Arthur Potts Dawson's classic take on the Sunday Roast, with chicken, roasties, chipolatas, veggies and extra special gravy. Recipe by Arthur Potts Dawson as part of the cheFHM series.
2 hrs 20 mins
Barbequed chicken never fails to please and this can easily be prepared in advance and stored in the fridge until ready to cook.
1 hr 10 mins
An easy one pot dish with North African flavours.
2 hrs 20 mins
Cheat... Cook on the barbecue on a high heat for 15 minutes, then put in a preheated 200°C (400°F/Gas 6) oven for 20 minutes. Cook's Notes: To spatchcock a chicken yourself, sit the chicken breast-side down on a clean work surface. Using poultry shears or a good pair of kitchen scissors, cut along the centre back of the chicken, running from thigh to wing on each side and removing the backbone, from tail to neck. Open up the chicken and flatten by pushing down hard on the breastbone. Secure in position with metal skewers running from thigh to opposite wing.
1 hr 10 mins
- Life guarantee
- * Minimum life based on 'use-by' date of product. Average life based on last week's deliveries. Life guarantee shown based on delivery tomorrow and includes day of delivery. Please book a slot to view Life guarantee for your chosen delivery day. See Terms and Conditions for further details.
- These summary details have been prepared for information purposes only, and are designed to enhance your shopping experience on the Ocado website. While we have taken care in preparing this summary and believe it is accurate, it is not a substitute for your reading the product packaging and label prior to use. You should note that products and their ingredients are subject to change. If you do require precise ingredient information you should consult the manufacturer, whose contact details will appear on the packaging or label.
- Ocado is therefore unable to accept liability for any incorrect information. Where this description contains a link to another party's website for further information on the product, please note that Ocado has no control over and no liability for the contents of that website.
- You should also note that the picture images show only our serving suggestions of how to prepare your food - all table accessories and additional items and/or ingredients pictured with the product you are purchasing are not included.
- This data is supplied for personal use only. It may not be reproduced in any way whatsoever without Ocado Limited's prior consent, nor without due acknowledgement.