Offer - Medium Chicken essential Waitrose Typically: 1.6kg
3 days guaranteed (avg. 5.5)*
£2.18 per kg
Min. weight: 1.6kg
Max. weight: 1.899kg
Fresh British Chicken.
Ideal for roasting.
Chickens raised on Waitrose approved specialist farms in Northern Ireland, operating to high standards of animal welfare.
Delivering the highest animal welfare standards ensuring all our chickens have natural daylight
Quality succulent chicken from birds fed on a maize rich diet
Working together to protect our environment and promote sustainable farming
Keep refrigerated below 4°C. Once opened consume within 2 days. Do not exceed date shown. For use by date see front of pack.
Freeze as soon after purchase as possible and within the use by date. Use within one month.
Defrost fully before use: do not refreeze once defrosted.
Oven cook - From Chilled.
For best results roast in oven.
Gas 6, 200°C, Fan 180°C, 45 mins per kg plus 20 mins.
Preheat oven. Remove all packaging. Place in a roasting dish, brush with oil and place in an oven until thoroughly cooked, the juices run clear and there is no pink meat. If the breast browns too quickly cover with foil. Stand for 10 minutes before carving.
Preparation and Usage
Do not wash poultry before cooking.
Preparation: Wash hands, all surfaces and utensils after touching raw poultry.
Return To Address
We are committed to bringing you the best quality. Should you not be happy with this product, please bring the packaging back to any Waitrose branch and we'll replace your item and refund you.
Country of Origin
Tray & Heat Sealed
Film - Plastic - Not Currently Recycled;
Tray - Plastic - Check Local Recycling
Packaged in a protective atmosphere.
Fresh Class A
|Typical Values||As Sold Per 100g Edible Portion|
|of which saturates||1.6g|
|of which sugars||0.0g|
A one-pot chicken curry dish which is given its unique flavour by a sprinkling of crushed peppercorns, cardamom pods and a ginger/garlic paste. If you don't want to use chicken on the bone, use skinned pieces of chicken breast, which will also speed up this recipe considerably.
Arthur Potts Dawson's classic take on the Sunday Roast, with chicken, roasties, chipolatas, veggies and extra special gravy. Recipe by Arthur Potts Dawson as part of the cheFHM series.
2 hrs 20 mins
This dish is one of 32 finalists from our world recipe challenge, so tuck in! Love this recipe? Tell your friends. The dish viewed by the most people wins a Virgin Experience Day worth £200.
This delicious soup is a great way to get the most from your Roast Chicken.
Encasing chicken in salt traps in all those lovely juices to keep the meat moist and tender. An exclusive recipe for Ocado by Arthur Potts Dawson.
1 hr 30 mins
- Life guarantee
- * Minimum life based on 'use-by' date of product. Average life based on last week's deliveries. Life guarantee shown based on delivery tomorrow and includes day of delivery. Please book a slot to view Life guarantee for your chosen delivery day. See Terms and Conditions for further details.
- These summary details have been prepared for information purposes only, and are designed to enhance your shopping experience on the Ocado website. While we have taken care in preparing this summary and believe it is accurate, it is not a substitute for your reading the product packaging and label prior to use. You should note that products and their ingredients are subject to change. If you do require precise ingredient information you should consult the manufacturer, whose contact details will appear on the packaging or label.
- Ocado is therefore unable to accept liability for any incorrect information. Where this description contains a link to another party's website for further information on the product, please note that Ocado has no control over and no liability for the contents of that website.
- You should also note that the picture images show only our serving suggestions of how to prepare your food - all table accessories and additional items and/or ingredients pictured with the product you are purchasing are not included.
- This data is supplied for personal use only. It may not be reproduced in any way whatsoever without Ocado Limited's prior consent, nor without due acknowledgement.