Melini Chianti Riserva 75cl
This is an age restricted product
You will be asked at checkout to verify that you are over the age of 18
Price per 75cl: £9.99
- Brands: Melini
- Grape Varieties: Sangiovese
- Countries: Chianti, Tuscany
- Dietary & Lifestyle: Vegetarian
- Price Ranges: £8 to £12
- Wine Cellar: Red
Melini Chianti Riserva displays an intense ruby red colour. The perfume is fruity with scents of cherry. A medium body with a dry but harmonious taste is complimented by fruity notes of cherry and cinnamon.
A great partner for pasta and tomato-based dishes as well as grilled meat, roasts and cheese.
GIV UK Ltd
Melini was founded in 1705 by a wealthy merchant family from Florence. The cellar was rebuilt in the early 1970s bringing it to the forefront of modern winemaking. It is nestled into the side of a hill, constructed on four levels in order to achieve the progressive phases of vinification by gravity rather than pumping.
Chianti is probably the best known Italian wine. Back in the 18th century, it was bottled in straw covered flasks allowing it to travel far and be exported to other countries. Since then, vinification and production methods have improved but Chianti remains one of Italy's most famed exports. In the past, many grape varieties, including white ones, were allowed whereas today, Melini uses only Sangiovese, Tuscany's noble grape, to produce this Riserva.
Wines that can be classified as Chianti are produced from a fairly large area that stretches from the plains along the Mediterranean shores near Livorno, to the mountainous region near Florence and Siena. The best wines come from the latter part, where Melini is also located. Other than being a wine producing region, the Chianti area is also a famed touristic destination with rolling hills and neat agricultural landscapes. It also has a healthy gastronomical tradition based on local products such as forest animals (boar, venison) and vegetables.
The grapes come from vineyards located on well exposed slopes around the Elsa Valley in the centre of Tuscany. In October, when the grapes are well ripened, they are picked and softly pressed. The skins macerate for four days in the extracted juice and are then cleared away. This juice, called must, then ferments and becomes wine. The wine is then partly aged for 8 months in oak vats before being bottled. The best parts are set aside and earn their Riserva status by further ageing in the bottle.
Country of Origin
Pack - Glass
Contains Sulphur Dioxide/Sulphites
Suitable for Vegetarians
- These summary details have been prepared for information purposes only, and are designed to enhance your shopping experience on the Ocado website. While we have taken care in preparing this summary and believe it is accurate, it is not a substitute for your reading the product packaging and label prior to use. You should note that products and their ingredients are subject to change. If you do require precise ingredient information you should consult the manufacturer, whose contact details will appear on the packaging or label.
- Ocado is therefore unable to accept liability for any incorrect information. Where this description contains a link to another party's website for further information on the product, please note that Ocado has no control over and no liability for the contents of that website.
- You should also note that the picture images show only our serving suggestions of how to prepare your food - all table accessories and additional items and/or ingredients pictured with the product you are purchasing are not included.
- This data is supplied for personal use only. It may not be reproduced in any way whatsoever without Ocado Limited's prior consent, nor without due acknowledgement.