Merchant Gourmet Cooked & Peeled Whole Chestnuts 200g
over 1 month *
£1.13 per 100g
Keep in a cool dry place. Once opened keep refrigerated and use within 7 days.
For best results.
These chestnuts can be eaten hot or cold. To open, immerse vacuum pack in hot water for a few minutes, snip top and loosen the chestnuts. Alternatively pierce the film and microwave on high for 1 minute.
Hints & tips.
To serve hot, fry gently in melted butter. Add ground cinnamon with salt and pepper for a little extra spice.
Chop and sauté with brussel sprouts and bacon, or add to bubble and squeak.
Scatter the chestnuts amongst layers of spinach, aubergine, fried red onions and goat's cheese. Season and add a little stock before topping with puff pastry and baking.
Add to stews and old fashioned roasts for extra sweetness and texture.
Mix into crème fraiche, whipped cream and vanilla sugar for a sweet tartlet filling
Preparation and Usage
Ideas to Keep...
Chop and add to stuffing mixes for a sweet and nutty flavour
Use chestnuts in a stir fry with broccoli, baby sweetcorns, peppers, sugar snap peas and carrots. Lightly dress with soy sauce before serving
Mix chopped chestnuts into cakes, muffins or brownies to give extra texture and flavour
Sauté cooked sprouts with crispy bacon and chestnuts and serve with your Christmas roast
Specially packed for:
2 Rollins Street,
Full Product Name:
Store in a cool, dry place. Once opened, keep refrigerated and use within 7 days.
Allergens can be found in the ingredients list
Contains Nut, May Contain Peanut
Allergy Advice: For allergens see highlighted ingredients
Cooked Peeled Chestnuts
Suitable for Vegetarians; Suitable for Vegans
|Typical Values||(as sold) Per 100g||(as sold) Per 50g serving|
|of which saturates||0.2g||0.1g|
|of which sugars||8.5g||4.3g|
This Chestnut and Pumpkin Seed Croustade Cups with Red Butternut Squash and Cranberry Jus is a perfect November dish from the Vegetarian Society.
2 hrs 30 mins
A stunning vegetarian pie, perfect for winter.
Enjoy this tasty twist on traditional seasonal sprouts.
- Life guarantee
- * Minimum life based on 'use-by' date of product. Average life based on last week's deliveries. Life guarantee shown based on delivery tomorrow and includes day of delivery. Please book a slot to view Life guarantee for your chosen delivery day. See Terms and Conditions for further details.
- These summary details have been prepared for information purposes only, and are designed to enhance your shopping experience on the Ocado website. While we have taken care in preparing this summary and believe it is accurate, it is not a substitute for your reading the product packaging and label prior to use. You should note that products and their ingredients are subject to change. If you do require precise ingredient information you should consult the manufacturer, whose contact details will appear on the packaging or label.
- Ocado is therefore unable to accept liability for any incorrect information. Where this description contains a link to another party's website for further information on the product, please note that Ocado has no control over and no liability for the contents of that website.
- You should also note that the picture images show only our serving suggestions of how to prepare your food - all table accessories and additional items and/or ingredients pictured with the product you are purchasing are not included.
- This data is supplied for personal use only. It may not be reproduced in any way whatsoever without Ocado Limited's prior consent, nor without due acknowledgement.