Milton Sterilising Fluid 500ml
47p per 100ml
Hygiene for baby and home
Clinically proven, 500 ml Hygiene for baby and home.
TRUSTED AND USED BY HOSPITALS.
The Milton Sterilising Fluid allows you to sterilise in 15 minutes. Milton has been sterilising babies utensils for over 50 years and is clinically proven to protect against all germs (bacteria, viruses and fungi), which can be harmful to your baby. Babies are at their most vulnerable, whilst they are developing their immune system, so it is important that feeding utensils are sterilised thoroughly until they are at least 12 months old.
The Milton Solution is harmless and leaves no unpleasant taste or odour, so there is no need to rinse after use - utensils are safe for your baby to use immediately.
Kills germs such as E-coli, Listeria, Salmonella, Campylobacter and Rotavirus (which can cause gastroenteritis), and Candida albicans (which can cause thrush).
Tested anti-germ activity in 15 minutes:
Bactericidal: EN 1040, EN 1276.
Kills Salmonella, Listeria, Campylobacter.
Fungicidal: EN 1275 on Candida albicans.
Virucidal: NFT 72-180.
- Brands: Milton
Follow the 3-step method below to sterilise breastfeeding equipment and all babies feeding utensils, including bottles, soothers, teething rings, small plastic toys and weaning items. Each solution lasts for 24 hours.
The Milton Method.
Follow instructions carefully for best results.
1) Clean utensils thoroughly after each feed.
Clean bottles and teats thoroughly with warm soapy water.
Rinse with cold water.
2) Prepare Milton Solution.
Fill you Milton Sterilising Unit with cold water.
For every 2.5 litres water, add 1/2 capful (15ml) of Milton Fluid.
3) Completely immerse utensils.
Ensure that no air bubbles are trapped inside the bottles/utensils.
Items are ready to use after 15 minutes or can be left for 24 hours until you need to use them again.
Wash your hands before removing utensils from the solution.
Drain bottles and teats - no need to rinse.
Fill bottles immediately and cover teats.
Other Milton uses: Ideal at home to protect your family. Use the Milton fluid (as per the dilution instructions indicated) to sterilise or disinfect all non-metallic surfaces and items, eg:
Nursery Hygiene (highchairs, wooden and plastic toys, bibs, changing mats, baby baths etc).
Kitchen Hygiene (work surfaces, cupboards, chopping boards, fridges, soaking cups/glasses etc).
Food Hygiene (soaking salads and vegetables).
Camping and Brewing Hygiene.
Travel Tip: to make water safe for drinking, use half a teaspoon (2.5ml) of Milton Fluid to 5 litres of water and leave for 15 minutes.
Warnings: Avoid prolonged contact with metal. Avoid contact with eyes, in the event of contact, rinse eyes with warm water. Do not inhale. Do not use in combination with other products as toxic gases may be released (chlorine). Milton may discolour fabric on contact.
To open child safe cap, push tabs and unscrew. To re-seal, turn cap clockwise until a click is heard.
Take care not to over-tighten.
Preparation and Usage
How to Use
The Cold Water Method
Wash bottle, treats, breastfeeding equipment in warm soapy water, then rinse in cold water.
2 Prepare Solution
Fill your unit with 5L of water, add 1 cap of Fluid. (30ml dilution at (0.6% v.v).
3 Add Items
Close the lid. Submerge items under water. In just 15 mins everything is ready to use. No need to rinse with water. Items can stay in the solution until needed. Renew the solution every 24 hours.
Use this method to disinfect fruit & vegetables but rinse. For surfaces, use 3 caps (90 ml dilution at 1.8 v/v) for 5L of water.
Country of Packing
Impasse du petit Rosé,
ZI, 79100 Louzy,
Pack - Recyclable
Store away from heat.
Batch no and best before: see on the bottle.
Keep away from children. When in contact with the eye, rinse well and contact a specialist. If swallowed contact a doctor and show the packaging. Do not use in combination with other products as toxic gases may be released (chlorine). Do not use on metal.
Take care not to splash the solution as it may discolour fabric. Do not throw in the environment
Made in EU
Active ingredient: Sodium Hypochlorite (CAS: 7681-52-9): 2% w/w
- These summary details have been prepared for information purposes only, and are designed to enhance your shopping experience on the Ocado website. While we have taken care in preparing this summary and believe it is accurate, it is not a substitute for your reading the product packaging and label prior to use. You should note that products and their ingredients are subject to change. If you do require precise ingredient information you should consult the manufacturer, whose contact details will appear on the packaging or label.
- Ocado is therefore unable to accept liability for any incorrect information. Where this description contains a link to another party's website for further information on the product, please note that Ocado has no control over and no liability for the contents of that website.
- You should also note that the picture images show only our serving suggestions of how to prepare your food - all table accessories and additional items and/or ingredients pictured with the product you are purchasing are not included.
- This data is supplied for personal use only. It may not be reproduced in any way whatsoever without Ocado Limited's prior consent, nor without due acknowledgement.