Mornflake Pure Organic Oats 750g
A Bit About Our Organic Oats
Bursting with natural goodness, our Organic Oats are the perfect choice for a healthy lifestyle! Grown and milled organically, our Organic Oats are not only good for you but they're great for the environment too!
Helps actively lower cholesterol*
*As part of a varied and balanced diet and a healthy lifestyle, oat beta glucans have been shown to help lower blood cholesterol. Blood cholesterol lowering may reduce the risk of coronary heart disease. One 40g portion of Organic Oats provides 1.6g of beta glucans from oats, which is 53% of 3g, the suggested daily amount.
We can trace our milling roots right back to 1675, when my ancestor William Lea started milling at Swettenham Mill, South Cheshire. Today we are still keeping up the family tradition after 15 generations as independent British millers.
We believe in selecting and milling only the finest grain and in using the techniques and time honoured traditions that we've passed down from generation to generation. Above all, we continue to put all our expertise and care in to providing you with a healthier, tastier breakfast.
Trademarking Great Taste
A Word From Heart UK The Cholesterol Charity
We're delighted to be partnering with Mornflake and have approved this product because it's an easy way to help lower cholesterol.
Our aim is to help prevent avoidable and early deaths caused by high cholesterol. Did you know that Heart UK is the only charity in the UK dedicated to supporting people with raised cholesterol? Or that 6 our of every 10 adults have high cholesterol?
We are a small charity with a big heart, but we rely on the generosity of organisations like Mornflake and individuals like you to help fund our vital work. If you would like to support us with a donation please TEXT: HART21 and the amount £3 to 70070 and help save a life today.
Or visit our website to see other ways to donate www.heartuk.org.uk/donate
Registered Charity no. 1003904
Follow us on facebook or twitter:
Store in a cool, dry place away from strong odours.
Hob - From Ambient. For Best Results! On the Hob
In a saucepan mix 40g of Mornflake Organic Oats with 285mls (1/2 pint) of cold water. Bring to the boil and then stir continuously for 1 minute. Remove from the heat and stand for 1 minute. If you like your porridge creamier make as above with milk or use half milk, half water. Add salt or sugar to taste as required.; Microwave - From Ambient. Alternatively prepare in the microwave.
Using a large microwavable bowl, mix 40g of Mornflake Organic Oats with 285mls (1/2 pint) of cold water, leave uncovered and cook on full power¿ for 2 minutes. Stir well and then cook for a further 1 to 2 minutes on full power. Leave to stand for 1 minute. If you like your porridge creamier, make as above with milk or use half milk, half water. Add salt or sugar to taste as required.
¿Based on 800w microwave oven, so if yours is different adjust the time accordingly.
Country of Origin
Country of Packing
North Western Mills,
Box - Card - Widely Recycled; Insert - Plastic - Check Local Recycling
Allergy Advice: For allergens see highlighted ingredients
Mornflake Organic Oatflakes (100%)
Suitable for Vegetarians; Suitable for Vegans; Organic
|Typical Values||Per 100g||Per 40g Portion ***||%RI¿ Per 40g Portion|
|of which saturates||1.3g||0.5g||3%|
|of which sugars||1.0g||0.4g||<1%|
|Reference intake of an average adult (8400kJ/2000kcal) (¿RI = Reference Intake)|
|**The salt content is exclusively due to the presence of naturally occuring sodium|
|***Nutrition information per 40g portion will be the same when the produc is cooked with water|
Romkugler were invented by cunning Danish bakers who solved the problem of what to do with leftover pieces of cake by mixing the bits with jam, rum and cocoa powder to make a sweet paste, then rolling this into balls and coating in dessicated coconut to sell afresh the next day. My recipe uses oats instead of cake crumbs, but feel free to experiment! Whether made with cake or oats, Danes will often tell you that these dark chocolatey rum truffles are one of the treats they miss most from home. I can see why, as they are utterly delicious. They are a doddle to make, so keep these in the fridge to scoff whenever you feel the need for a little pick-me-up.
- Tesco Price Match
- ** Matched to Tesco's standard retail price on 04-Mar-2015 at 05:13. See our Terms and Conditions for full details.
- These summary details have been prepared for information purposes only, and are designed to enhance your shopping experience on the Ocado website. While we have taken care in preparing this summary and believe it is accurate, it is not a substitute for your reading the product packaging and label prior to use. You should note that products and their ingredients are subject to change. If you do require precise ingredient information you should consult the manufacturer, whose contact details will appear on the packaging or label.
- Ocado is therefore unable to accept liability for any incorrect information. Where this description contains a link to another party's website for further information on the product, please note that Ocado has no control over and no liability for the contents of that website.
- You should also note that the picture images show only our serving suggestions of how to prepare your food - all table accessories and additional items and/or ingredients pictured with the product you are purchasing are not included.
- This data is supplied for personal use only. It may not be reproduced in any way whatsoever without Ocado Limited's prior consent, nor without due acknowledgement.