Offer - Napolina Chick Peas 400g
Drained weight 240g.
Once opened, remove contents from can and place in a suitable container.
Store in a refrigerator and use within 2 days.
Eat like the Italians!
Sicilian chick pea fritters with tomato salsa:
Coarsely crush 2 x 400g tins of chick peas in a large bowl using a potato masher. Stir in 1 de-seeded and finely chopped red chilli, 2 crushed garlic cloves, 2 thinly sliced spring onions, 50g of parmesan cheese, 1 beaten egg and 1 tbsp of plain flour, mix well,
Divide the mixture into 15 balls and gently press to form little patties,
Gently heat 4 tbsp of Napolina light & mild olive oil in a frying pan and gently cook the fritters in small batches for 2-3 minutes on both sides, keep warm until all the fritters are cooked,
Serve with a simple tomato salsa made by mixing chopped tomatoes, chilli, finely chopped shallots, garlic and basil.
Eat like the Italians!
Panelle di ceci alla siciliana in salsa di pomodoro (Sicilian chick pea fritters with tomato salsa)
Coarsely crush 2 x 400g tins of chick peas in a large bowl using a potato masher. Stir in 1 de-seeded and finely chopped red chilli, 2 crushed garlic cloves, 2 thinly sliced spring onions, 50g of parmesan cheese, 1 beaten egg and 1 tbsp of plain flour, mix well. Divide the mixture into 15 balls and gently press to form little patties. Gently heat 4 tbsp of Napolina light & mild olive oil in a frying pan and gently cook the fritters in small batches for 2-3 minutes on both sides, keep warm until all the fritters are cooked. Serve with a simple tomato salsa made by mixing chopped tomatoes, chilli, finely chopped shallots, garlic and basil.
Country of Origin
Prepared and packed for:
Royal Liver Building,
Allergy Advice: For allergens see highlighted ingredients
Chick Peas, Water, Antioxidant: Sodium Metabisulphite
Suitable for Vegetarians
|Typical Values||per 100g drained|
|of which saturates:||0.3g|
|of which sugars:||0.3g|
Chunky soup is a great alternative to the typical kind if you're feeling more peckish than normal. Wholesome, nourishing and full of flavour, this chickpea and tomato soup is as chunky as they come. Perfect is you want to treat your tastebuds but watch your waistline.
The combination of pasta and chickpeas was popular in ancient Roman and Arab empires and remains a classic Italian comfort food today. The fried pasta topping adds texture, although it is not essential.
2 hrs 30 mins
A healthy vegetarian starter or tapas-style dish to start any Indian meal experience.
Chickpeas are such a fantastic ingredient, they have a lovely nutty flavour and are a good source of zinc and protein - and used liberally in Indian cuisine.This recipe is a firm favourite and is really hearty - the perfect winter warmer.
2 hrs 10 mins
- Tesco Price Match
- ** Matched to Tesco's standard retail price on 27-Jul-2015 at 00:37. See our Terms and Conditions for full details.
- These summary details have been prepared for information purposes only, and are designed to enhance your shopping experience on the Ocado website. While we have taken care in preparing this summary and believe it is accurate, it is not a substitute for your reading the product packaging and label prior to use. You should note that products and their ingredients are subject to change. If you do require precise ingredient information you should consult the manufacturer, whose contact details will appear on the packaging or label.
- Ocado is therefore unable to accept liability for any incorrect information. Where this description contains a link to another party's website for further information on the product, please note that Ocado has no control over and no liability for the contents of that website.
- You should also note that the picture images show only our serving suggestions of how to prepare your food - all table accessories and additional items and/or ingredients pictured with the product you are purchasing are not included.
- This data is supplied for personal use only. It may not be reproduced in any way whatsoever without Ocado Limited's prior consent, nor without due acknowledgement.