Offer - Natoora Sicilian Datterini Tomatoes 170g
3 days guaranteed (avg. 3)*
£1.17 per 100g
They are picked on the vine once ripe, but they have such delicate vines, loosely attached, that once fully ripe they easily come off. For this reason this tomato often comes without the vine, unlike other varieties which have been bred to have the characteristic of staying attached on the vine. Whether the tomato comes with the vine is not a virtue that has any bearing on the taste, and may come at the expensive of flavour if it is the result of altering a variety. We like the Lucinda just the way it is.
We have established two dedicated growers of Lucinda in south-east Sicily that grow exclusively for us. This area of Sicily was covered by the sea millions of years ago, the salty earth, rich mineral deposits, abundant sun and low humidity make for perfect growing conditions for tomatoes. The tomatoes are grown in tunnels to protect from storms and the scorching summer sun.
Keep refrigerated. Allow to reach room temperature before eating.
Wash before use.
Datterinis are so delicious raw some would think it is a shame to cook them into a sauce, so wrong are they. Try cutting in half, quickly sautéing with excellent quality extra virgin olive oil some chilli and garlic if you like
Country of Origin
Country of Packing
Unit 8 Discovery Business Park,
Our datterini tomatoes are perfectly sweet. Bring out their intense flavours with this fantastic confit and use it to season your pasta with an extra drizzle of good olive oil.
2 hrs 15 mins
This is a really old recipe, rooted in Trapani, a port town in Sicily and adaprted from the more famous and classic basil pesto. Trapanesi substituted local ingredients such as tomatoes and almonds for the basil and pine nuts, creating this beautiful summery pasta sauce.
- Life guarantee
- * Minimum life based on 'use-by' date of product. Average life based on last week's deliveries. Life guarantee shown based on delivery tomorrow and includes day of delivery. Please book a slot to view Life guarantee for your chosen delivery day. See Terms and Conditions for further details.
- These summary details have been prepared for information purposes only, and are designed to enhance your shopping experience on the Ocado website. While we have taken care in preparing this summary and believe it is accurate, it is not a substitute for your reading the product packaging and label prior to use. You should note that products and their ingredients are subject to change. If you do require precise ingredient information you should consult the manufacturer, whose contact details will appear on the packaging or label.
- Ocado is therefore unable to accept liability for any incorrect information. Where this description contains a link to another party's website for further information on the product, please note that Ocado has no control over and no liability for the contents of that website.
- You should also note that the picture images show only our serving suggestions of how to prepare your food - all table accessories and additional items and/or ingredients pictured with the product you are purchasing are not included.
- This data is supplied for personal use only. It may not be reproduced in any way whatsoever without Ocado Limited's prior consent, nor without due acknowledgement.