Nobilo Orca Bay Sauvignon Blanc 75cl
This is an age restricted product
You will be asked at checkout to verify that you are over the age of 18
Price per 75cl: £9.49
The Orca, also known as the Killer Whale, is a protected species often sighted close to New Zealand's dramatic coastline.
Nobilo Orca Bay Sauvignon Blanc benefits from the cool maritime climate which makes New Zealand wines so distinctive.
Zingy tropical fruit and citrus flavours are complimented by lively herbal tones, rounded off with a crisp finish.
Alc. 12.5% Vol.
9.4 UK Units
- Brands: Nobilo
- Grape Varieties: Sauvignon Blanc
- Wine Styles: Dry
- Countries: Marlborough
- Price Ranges: £8 to £12
- Wine Cellar: White, Decanter
Fresh tropical fruit and gooseberry flavour, and lots of it.
Orca, or killer whale, are found all around our coastline. We like to think that our wine has something in common with the positive, lively Orca!
The Orca Bay style is driven by two very different vineyards in Hawkes Bay in the North Island, which were blended this year with Waipara fruit from Canterbury in the South Island.
We were lucky that our Hawkes Bay Sauvignon Blanc ripened early in 2011, as the region was struck by heavy storms just after our grapes were in. Our vineyards gave us a combination of freshness and zingy fruit, and, from the warmer coastal plain beside our winery, rounder stone fruit and tropical characters. One of our long term Waipara growers has contributed classic crisp, gooseberry flavours to the blend.
Country of Origin
Nobilo Wine Group Ltd, Station Road, Huapai, NZ.
Pack - Glass
Contains Eggs, Contains Milk, Contains Sulphur Dioxide/Sulphites
Contains Sulphur Dioxide/Sulphites
This dish is not for the faint hearted and the final stages of this recipe may require an extra hand. Commitment will be rewarded by a sublime dish which sums up the brilliance of contemporary British cooking.
The artichokes in this tart are prepared ‘à la grecque’, but you can replace this process by simply using slived artichoke hearts from a jar, if you prefer.
You could serve this simple dish with pasta, sauteed or mashed potatoes and seasonal vegetables.
Soft flakes of smoked haddock, salmon and cod are beautifully interwoven with mashed potato and herbs in this distinctively British fish cake dish. Dominic Chapman serves with a creamy leek sauce to provide a hearty meal.
This baked risotto is easy enough to make for a mid week meal, although it's just as suited to entertaining.
1 hr 10 mins
- These summary details have been prepared for information purposes only, and are designed to enhance your shopping experience on the Ocado website. While we have taken care in preparing this summary and believe it is accurate, it is not a substitute for your reading the product packaging and label prior to use. You should note that products and their ingredients are subject to change. If you do require precise ingredient information you should consult the manufacturer, whose contact details will appear on the packaging or label.
- Ocado is therefore unable to accept liability for any incorrect information. Where this description contains a link to another party's website for further information on the product, please note that Ocado has no control over and no liability for the contents of that website.
- You should also note that the picture images show only our serving suggestions of how to prepare your food - all table accessories and additional items and/or ingredients pictured with the product you are purchasing are not included.
- This data is supplied for personal use only. It may not be reproduced in any way whatsoever without Ocado Limited's prior consent, nor without due acknowledgement.