Ocado Organic Shallots 300g
Our finely layered shallots have a bright blemish free skin and are milder and sweeter than onions. Don't be tempted to substitute onions if the recipe calls for shallots, it won't be the same. Also great peeled drizzled in olive oil and roasted.
For a tasty accompaniment, slice shallot in half (lengthways through the root) and chop off top and tail then peel. Thickly slice shallot (width-wise) and roast with a drizzle of olive oil and balsamic vinegar. Serve with a sprinkle of crumbled blue cheese and seasoning to taste.
Store in a cool, dry place
1. Peel shallots and remove outer skin.
2. Cut off top and bottom off shallots.
3. Place in roasting tray and drizzle with oil.
4. Roast in pre-heated fan assisted at 175ºC, Non fan assisted 200ºC or Gas Mark 6 on the middle shelf.
5. Remove after approximately 30 minutes and serve. Check food is piping hot.
Country of Origin
Country of origin may vary due to seasonality.
Country of origin may vary between France, Spain, The Netherlands.
Produced and packed for:
Ocado Retail Ltd.,
This dish is not for the faint hearted and the final stages of this recipe may require an extra hand. Commitment will be rewarded by a sublime dish which sums up the brilliance of contemporary British cooking.
This vibrant salad hails from the Iranian city of Shiraz. Greg Malouf serves the restaurant version with an array of edible flowers - if you're feeling adventurous, why not do the same.
Ceviche refers to raw fish or seafood marinated in citrus flavours, with coriander and chilli often providing spice. Galton Blackiston pays heed to this tradition, serving his trout ceviche with a creamy avocado sorbet.
Pickled red beetroot is complemented by the sour notes of the sheep's cheese in this light summer dish. If you can't find sheep milk cheese, feta is a good alternative.
There's nothing like a plate of sticky ribs fresh off the barbecue. Josh Eggleton demonstrates how remarkably simple they are to prepare, coating the ribs in a ketchup, soy sauce and black treacle marinade.
- Life guarantee
- * Minimum life based on 'use-by' date of product. Average life based on last week's deliveries. Life guarantee shown based on delivery tomorrow and includes day of delivery. Please book a slot to view Life guarantee for your chosen delivery day. See Terms and Conditions for further details.
- These summary details have been prepared for information purposes only, and are designed to enhance your shopping experience on the Ocado website. While we have taken care in preparing this summary and believe it is accurate, it is not a substitute for your reading the product packaging and label prior to use. You should note that products and their ingredients are subject to change. If you do require precise ingredient information you should consult the manufacturer, whose contact details will appear on the packaging or label.
- Ocado is therefore unable to accept liability for any incorrect information. Where this description contains a link to another party's website for further information on the product, please note that Ocado has no control over and no liability for the contents of that website.
- You should also note that the picture images show only our serving suggestions of how to prepare your food - all table accessories and additional items and/or ingredients pictured with the product you are purchasing are not included.
- This data is supplied for personal use only. It may not be reproduced in any way whatsoever without Ocado Limited's prior consent, nor without due acknowledgement.