Offer - Ocado Scotch Bonnet Chillies 30g
5 days guaranteed (avg. 6)*
Price per 100g: £2.57
Can be used for infusing oils or can be added to dishes to intensify the heat and then removed before serving.
In general Scotch Bonnet Chillies have a rating of 100,000 to 350,000 on the Scoville Heat Scale for Chilli Peppers, to put this into context the hottest chilli is at 15,000,000 and a Jalapeño would be 2,500.
Scotch bonnet chillies must be handled carefully since they can irritate the skin. You must avoid contact with eyes and wash hands thoroughly after preparation. If eating, remove all seeds to help reduce the heat, these chillies can be very hot!
The colour varies through green, orange, red and yellow depending mainly on the variety. However it can also change with maturity stage, so when the season is hotter the more mature chillies (tend to be orange/red) will be prevalent and hence it is easier to procure that colour.
Preparation and Usage
Wash before use.
Country of Origin
Country of origin may vary due to seasonality.
Country of origin may vary between Holland, Kenya, Zambia.
Produced and packed for:
Ocado Retail Ltd.,
Some like it hot, so sizzle your ribs with BBQ sauce
Jollof rice is a delicious dish. Made with chicken pieces and vegetables, this tomato based dish will have you shouting for delight.
1 hr 25 mins
Spicy jollof rice is a simple, tasty all-in-one recipe that’s popular in many parts of West Africa. Succulent chicken thighs are browned then cooked in a tomato, chilli and ginger sauce. Then you pop in the basmati rice and cook on a very low heat, adding colourful sliced peppers and okra on top, too. So you can bring one big tasty pot to the table and let everyone dig in!
1 hr 25 mins
- Life guarantee
- * Minimum life based on 'use-by' date of product. Average life based on last week's deliveries. Life guarantee shown based on delivery tomorrow and includes day of delivery. Please book a slot to view Life guarantee for your chosen delivery day. See Terms and Conditions for further details.
- These summary details have been prepared for information purposes only, and are designed to enhance your shopping experience on the Ocado website. While we have taken care in preparing this summary and believe it is accurate, it is not a substitute for your reading the product packaging and label prior to use. You should note that products and their ingredients are subject to change. If you do require precise ingredient information you should consult the manufacturer, whose contact details will appear on the packaging or label.
- Ocado is therefore unable to accept liability for any incorrect information. Where this description contains a link to another party's website for further information on the product, please note that Ocado has no control over and no liability for the contents of that website.
- You should also note that the picture images show only our serving suggestions of how to prepare your food - all table accessories and additional items and/or ingredients pictured with the product you are purchasing are not included.
- This data is supplied for personal use only. It may not be reproduced in any way whatsoever without Ocado Limited's prior consent, nor without due acknowledgement.