Old Pulteney 12 Year Old Single Malt Whisky 70cl
This is an age restricted product
You will be asked at checkout to verify that you are over the age of 18
ROBERT LOUIS STEVENSON.
THE GENUINE MARITIME MALT.
Established in 1826 in the town of Wick, Pulteney Distillery is the most northerly distillery on the mainland and at that time was only accessible by sea. The barley was brought in by sea, the whisky shipped out by boat and many of the distillery workers were also employed as fishermen. Sadly the fishing industry is no longer part of daily life in Wick but Pulteney Distillery continues to operate using the same traditional distilling methods first introduced in the 1800's to create one of the finest Highland Malts available.
Pulteney is one of the most unique Scotch whisky distilleries. The wash still has no swan neck and it is thought that when the original still was delivered, it was too tall for the stillhouse and the manager insisted it was "cut off". The spirit still resembles a "smuggler's kettle" and both undoubtedly contribute to the distinctive character of the whisky. Once distilled, the spirit is filled into a selection of specially selected bourbon and sherry casks and laid to rest in the distillery warehouses, until the distillery manager decides the optimum time for bottling each of the casks. Throughout the years of maturation, the casks have taken time to absorb the Northern Scottish sea breeze and as a result, Old Pulteney Single Malt Scotch Whisky is often referred to as "The Manzanilla of the North".
"Unashamedly excellent and deserves so much more recognition around the world".
JIM MURRAY, WHISKY WRITER.
Appearance: Deep amber, red golden (with a slight pink hue).
Aroma: Medium to high intensity and complexity. Dry with a hint of sea-air.
Tasting Notes: Dry, medium bodied and smooth with a clean finish: faintly salty with a slight sherry note.
The most northerly distillery on the Scottish mainland.
Old Pulteney encourages you to savour this fine single malt responsibly.
Alc. 40% vol.
- Brands: Old Pulteney
Dry, medium bodied and smooth with a clean finish: faintly salty with a slight sherry note.
Country of Origin
Country of Packing
Distilled, Matured & Bottled by:
Pulteney Distillery Co.
Pack - Glass
- Tesco Price Match
- ** Matched to Tesco's standard retail price on 05-Jul-2015 at 00:20. See our Terms and Conditions for full details.
- These summary details have been prepared for information purposes only, and are designed to enhance your shopping experience on the Ocado website. While we have taken care in preparing this summary and believe it is accurate, it is not a substitute for your reading the product packaging and label prior to use. You should note that products and their ingredients are subject to change. If you do require precise ingredient information you should consult the manufacturer, whose contact details will appear on the packaging or label.
- Ocado is therefore unable to accept liability for any incorrect information. Where this description contains a link to another party's website for further information on the product, please note that Ocado has no control over and no liability for the contents of that website.
- You should also note that the picture images show only our serving suggestions of how to prepare your food - all table accessories and additional items and/or ingredients pictured with the product you are purchasing are not included.
- This data is supplied for personal use only. It may not be reproduced in any way whatsoever without Ocado Limited's prior consent, nor without due acknowledgement.