Oxford Landing Sauvignon Blanc 75cl
This is an age restricted product
You will be asked at checkout to verify that you are over the age of 18
On a warm day, reclining against a River Gum, profound stillness; on a clear night, gazing upward, millions of bright stars. This is a remarkable place and we treat it with respect.
- Brands: Oxford Landing
- Grape Varieties: Sauvignon Blanc
- Wine Styles: Dry
- Countries: South Australia
- Dietary & Lifestyle: Vegetarian
- Price Ranges: £6 to £8
- Wine Cellar: White
To Enjoy This Wine At Its Best, Drink Within 1 Year Of Purchase.
Perfect with whitebait or oyster entrées
Preparation and Usage
A crisp Sauvignon Blanc, with zesty aromas of grapefruit and tropical fruit. The palate displays zippy citrus fruit with layers of tropical fruit and lemongrass.
Serve with white fish, prawns or squid.
Oxford Landing Estates
Andrew La Nauze
In the late 1800s the Murray River was a thriving trade highway with commercial paddle steamers transporting wheat, wool and household supplies. One such paddle steamer met with an untimely end when a fire reduced it to ashes. Among the wreckage was a singed sign carrying the name of the boat `The City of Oxford. Then on, the area was known as Oxford Landing. In 1958, winemaking visionary Wyndham Hill Smith sank a spade into the riverside dirt. He believed this fertile red soil and bountiful sunshine would be ideal for growing premium grape varieties, and Oxford Landing Estates was born.
The Oxford Landing vineyard near the South Australian town of Waikerie is an idyllic place, distinguished by clear blue skies, rich red soil and sunshine the perfect environment for growing grapes.
Oxford Landing Estates Sauvignon Blanc is grown on the banks of the Murray River on a range of red sandy soils over limestone, perfect for this fresh, varietal wine. This refreshingly crisp Sauvignon Blanc has zesty aromas of grapefruit, green papaya and guava with hints of fresh nettles. The light and lively palate displays citrus clarity with layers of tropical fruit, lemongrass and passion fruit. A beautifully balanced wine with fine, crunchy natural acidity, leaving a refreshing, crisp finish. Serve with white fish, prawns or squid.
Country of Origin
Country of Packing
Oxford Landing Estate
South Australia 5330
Glass bottle recyclable.
Suitable for Vegans
Suitable for Vegetarians
Contains Sulphur Dioxide/Sulphites
Pont de la Tour's Loch Var Salmon and Morteau sausage is the epitome of traditional French cooking with a modern accent. A perfectly simple dish, this is a great dinner party addition, with flavours sure to satisfy your guests. www.lepontdelatour.co.uk
2 hrs 40 mins
- Tesco Price Match
- ** Matched to Tesco's standard retail price on 22-May-2015 at 01:02. See our Terms and Conditions for full details.
- These summary details have been prepared for information purposes only, and are designed to enhance your shopping experience on the Ocado website. While we have taken care in preparing this summary and believe it is accurate, it is not a substitute for your reading the product packaging and label prior to use. You should note that products and their ingredients are subject to change. If you do require precise ingredient information you should consult the manufacturer, whose contact details will appear on the packaging or label.
- Ocado is therefore unable to accept liability for any incorrect information. Where this description contains a link to another party's website for further information on the product, please note that Ocado has no control over and no liability for the contents of that website.
- You should also note that the picture images show only our serving suggestions of how to prepare your food - all table accessories and additional items and/or ingredients pictured with the product you are purchasing are not included.
- This data is supplied for personal use only. It may not be reproduced in any way whatsoever without Ocado Limited's prior consent, nor without due acknowledgement.