Oyster Bay Merlot Hawkes Bay 75cl
This is an age restricted product
You will be asked at checkout to verify that you are over the age of 18
Oyster Bay Merlot is about elegance and intensity of fruit. The hero is always the freshness of ripe fruit, with spice and soft tannins on the palate.
The Hawke's Bay wine region is arguably the most exciting find for the cultivation of Merlot in New Zealand. Ancient alluvial soils, an abundance of pure river water for irrigation and a temperate maritime climate create the unique environment in which Merlot produces vibrant, fully ripened varietal flavours.
Oyster Bay Merlot is about elegance and intensity of fruit. The hero is always freshness of ripe fruit, spice and soft tannins on the palate.
Oyster Bay is New Zealand's third largest wine maker and defines the stature and style of New Zealand wines. It produces elegant, assertive, Super-Premium wines, with glorious fruit flavours from the renowned regions of Marlborough and Hawke's Bay. Hawke's Bay's ancient alluvial river terraces provide for a superb mix of soils over gravelly, free-draining sub-soils. With a maritime climate, the vines are warmed by strong sunlight during the day, and cooled at night by Pacific ocean breezes. The grapes for Oyster Bay Merlot received a gentle pressing to release flavour without drawing out hard tannins. A large portion was aged in French barriques for 6 months to provide softness and complexity to the wine. "This juicy, ripe, blackcurrant-rich red offers a glimpse of the smooth, medium-bodied Bordeaux-style red that's the hallmark of the Hawke's Bay region" Anthony Rose, The Independent.
- Brands: Oyster Bay
- Grape Varieties: Merlot
- Wine Styles: Medium Bodied
- Countries: Hawkes Bay
- Price Ranges: £8 to £12
- Wine Cellar: Red, Decanter
This wine can be enjoyed now or carefully stored for up to 2 years from purchase.
Preparation and Usage
Perfect with warm, flavoursome dishes, or as an aperitif.
Fragrant violet, fresh blackberry and plum with soft alluring spice.
Serve with pepper steak, lasagne, roasts, rich mushroom, lamb, beef or wild game. Pasta with a tomato based sauce, pizza.
Oyster Bay Wines New Zealand Ltd.
Delegat Europe Ltd.
The philosophy of Oyster Bay is to produce fine, distinctly regional Super Premium wines that are elegant and assertive, with glorious fruit flavours. Oyster Bay produces wines from the renowned regions of Marlborough and Hawke's Bay.
The Hawke's Bay wine region is arguably the most exciting find for the cultivation of Merlot in New Zealand. Ancient alluvial river terraces provide for a superb mix of soils over gravelly, free-draining sub soils, with an abundance of pure river water for irrigation. With a temperate maritime climate, the vines are warmed by strong clear sunlight during the day and cooled at night by the sea breezes of the Pacific Ocean. This is the unique environment in which Merlot produces vibrant, fully ripened varietal flavours.
The fruit was destemmed, crushed and transferred into stainless steel fermentation tanks. The must was inoculated with pure yeast cultures to enhance varietal aromatics and fruit characters. Tailored rackings and pump overs were performed during fermentation to obtain delicate fruit tannins and maximise flavour and colour extraction. Following gentle pressing, the wine underwent malolactic fermentation in tank and in French oak barriques. A large portion of the blend was then aged in French oak barriques for 6 months to provide softness and complexity to the wine.
Country of Origin
Country of Packing
Produced and bottled by:
Oyster Bay Wines New Zealand Ltd.,
29 James Rochfort Place,
Pack - Glass
Full Product Name:
Merlot - Red New Zealand Wine
To enjoy this wine at its best, drink within 1 year of purchase
Wine of New Zealand
Delegat Europe Ltd.,
4th Floor, Kenilworth House,
79-80 Margaret Street,
Allergens can be found in the ingredients list
Contains Eggs, Contains Milk, Contains Sulphur Dioxide/Sulphites
Contains Sulphur Dioxide/Sulphites
- Tesco Price Match
- ** Matched to Tesco's standard retail price on 19-Feb-2017 at 02:16. See our Terms and Conditions for full details.
- These summary details have been prepared for information purposes only, and are designed to enhance your shopping experience on the Ocado website. While we have taken care in preparing this summary and believe it is accurate, it is not a substitute for your reading the product packaging and label prior to use. You should note that products and their ingredients are subject to change. If you do require precise ingredient information you should consult the manufacturer, whose contact details will appear on the packaging or label.
- Ocado is therefore unable to accept liability for any incorrect information. Where this description contains a link to another party's website for further information on the product, please note that Ocado has no control over and no liability for the contents of that website.
- You should also note that the picture images show only our serving suggestions of how to prepare your food - all table accessories and additional items and/or ingredients pictured with the product you are purchasing are not included.
- This data is supplied for personal use only. It may not be reproduced in any way whatsoever without Ocado Limited's prior consent, nor without due acknowledgement.