Packington Free Range Whole Chicken Typically: 1.8kg
5 days guaranteed (avg. 5)*
£5.99 per kg
Min. weight: 1.5kg
Max. weight: 2.1kg
Packington Free Range Chicken:
At Packington Free Range we firmly believe that what is good for the animals and the land will naturally be good for us and better for our customers.
This is the philosophy of our great grandfather before us and we believe passionately in provenance, sustainable and ethical farming which fuels our drive to create an environmentally sound and welfare orientated farm,
This see's all of the farm we look after in environmental schemes, which helps encourage the biodiversity on our farm, in fact a RSPCA survey on our farm in 2012 showed that the number of different bird species had increased by 300% over a 5 year period!
We have also installed solar panels to help further reduce our carbon footprint.
All of this allows us to continue to farm the land here, in Staffordshire, for generations to come.
It's this simple philosophy that enables us to produce the most succulent, richly flavoured meat, often lost in today's intensive farming methods. We know you'll enjoy it.
Rob and Alec Mercer.
- Brands: Packington
There is no need to wash poultry before cooking. Wash hands, all surface and utensils after touching raw poultry.
How to Roast:
1) Remove packaging and allow to rest.
2) Season, to your liking.
3) preheat oven to 190 degrees
4) Place in baking tin, cover with foil
5) Place in the oven and cook for 12-15 minutes for 450g, so for a 2.5kg chicken 1 hours and 20 minutes
6) 20 minutes before the end of cooking remove the foil.
7) Push skewer into thickest part of the thigh to make sure it is done.The juices must run clear.
8) If the juices are not clear place in the oven for another 15 minutes, repeat this until the juices are running clear
9) Once cooked, remove the chicken and place on a warm platter
10) Let it rest for 20 minutes before carving. ENJOY!
Return To Address
Packington Free Range,
Barton Under Needwood,
Country of Origin
Country of Packing
Packed in a Bag to ensure optimum freshness
Packaged in a protective atmosphere for freshness. You may notice a slight odour when you first open a pouch, this will quickly disappear, this will not affect the quality or flavour of this product.
Allergy Advice: For allergens see highlighted ingredients
100% Fresh Free Range British Chicken
Wheat Free, Gluten Free
- Life guarantee
- Minimum life based on 'use-by' date of product. Average life based on last week's deliveries. Life guarantee shown based on delivery tomorrow with the Life guarantee starting the following day. Please book a slot to view Life guarantee for your chosen delivery day. See Terms and Conditions for further details.
- These summary details have been prepared for information purposes only, and are designed to enhance your shopping experience on the Ocado website. While we have taken care in preparing this summary and believe it is accurate, it is not a substitute for your reading the product packaging and label prior to use. You should note that products and their ingredients are subject to change. If you do require precise ingredient information you should consult the manufacturer, whose contact details will appear on the packaging or label.
- Ocado is therefore unable to accept liability for any incorrect information. Where this description contains a link to another party's website for further information on the product, please note that Ocado has no control over and no liability for the contents of that website.
- You should also note that the picture images show only our serving suggestions of how to prepare your food - all table accessories and additional items and/or ingredients pictured with the product you are purchasing are not included.
- This data is supplied for personal use only. It may not be reproduced in any way whatsoever without Ocado Limited's prior consent, nor without due acknowledgement.