Patak's Balti Spice Paste 283g
.Store in a cool, dry place.
Use within 6 weeks of opening and before the best before end date.
Best Before End: See Lid.
Create a marinade. Patak's Curry Pastes make excellent marinades, used on their own or blended 50:50 with plain yoghurt.
Marinate meat then bake, BBQ or grill.
It is important that this product is not consumed uncooked.
Preparation and Usage
This product must be cooked.
Return To Address
AB World Foods Ltd.,
UK: 0800 0195 617
ROI: 0044 800 0195 617
Lamb Balti Recipe
1 Heat 3 tbsp of oil in a pan and add 1 medium diced onion, fry until soft.
2. Add 1 tsp finely chopped ginger, 1 tsp finely chopped garlic and 1/2 a jar of Patak's Balti spice paste, cook for 1-2 minutes. Add 50ml of water, cook until the water has evaporated.
3. Add 500g diced lamb, cook until sealed. Add 150ml water, simmer covered until the lamb is tender (approx. 30 minutes).
4. Add 200g chopped tomatoes, 1 red and 1 green diced pepper and simmer uncovered for 10 minutes. Season to taste, garnish with fresh chopped coriander and serve with rice and naan.
Try crackling 1 tsp of cumin seeds in hot oil to release their sweet earthy flavour before adding the onion for that Indian home cooking experience.
Country of Origin
AB World Foods Ltd.,
Full Product Name:
Our authentic blend of aromatic spices, garlic, paprika & cumin for a beautifully balanced Balti dish
Store in a cool, dry place. Use within 6 weeks of opening and before the best before end date.
Best Before End: See lid.
Made in the UK
Allergy Advice: For allergens see highlighted ingredients
Water, Rapeseed Oil (20%), Ground Spices (16%) [Cumin (3.5%), Paprika (3.5%), Turmeric, Coriander, Spices, Fennel], Maize Flour, Salt, Acids (Acetic Acid, Citric Acid), Tamarind, Cracked Black Pepper, Garlic Powder (0.5%), Cracked Coriander Seed, Dried Crushed Red Chilli, Black Kalonji Seed, Dried Coriander Leaf
Suitable for Vegetarians
|Typical Values||Per 100g|
|Energy||1147kJ / 277kcal|
|of which saturates||1.6g|
|of which sugars||1.4g|
Succulent and tender, the lamb pieces in this dish are transformed by the Balti paste. A fantastic dish to serve to friends and family
This simple dish uses the strong flavours of the Balti paste - such as cumin, coriander and other authentic spices, with garlic. The result being a tantalising dish that is easy enough to rustle up for a quick weekday meal.
Coronation chicken was invented by Constance Spry and Rosemary Hume to celebrate the coronation of Her Majesty the Queen in 1953. Today it is a classic salad and sandwich filling. Add a hotter curry paste if you like a bit more spice.
1 hr 10 mins
Be deliciously different with this summery dish from the Vegetarian Society.
- Tesco Price Match
- ** Matched to Tesco's standard retail price on 25-Jul-2016 at 05:07. See our Terms and Conditions for full details.
- These summary details have been prepared for information purposes only, and are designed to enhance your shopping experience on the Ocado website. While we have taken care in preparing this summary and believe it is accurate, it is not a substitute for your reading the product packaging and label prior to use. You should note that products and their ingredients are subject to change. If you do require precise ingredient information you should consult the manufacturer, whose contact details will appear on the packaging or label.
- Ocado is therefore unable to accept liability for any incorrect information. Where this description contains a link to another party's website for further information on the product, please note that Ocado has no control over and no liability for the contents of that website.
- You should also note that the picture images show only our serving suggestions of how to prepare your food - all table accessories and additional items and/or ingredients pictured with the product you are purchasing are not included.
- This data is supplied for personal use only. It may not be reproduced in any way whatsoever without Ocado Limited's prior consent, nor without due acknowledgement.