Patak's Madras Spice Paste 283g
Our balanced blend of 11 spices captured in oil for a deep, rich, authentic flavour
Store in a cool dry place. Use within six months of opening and before the best before end date.
Stir well before use.
Beef Madras (serves 2)
- 2 tbsp Vegetable Oil
- 1 medium diced onion.
- 70g Patak's Madras Paste.
- 250g diced Beef (Lamb or Chicken can be used).
- 200g Fresh or canned Chopped Tomatoes
- 100ml of Water - 1tsp Fresh Chopped Coriander Leaf
In a medium size pan, gently fry onions in oil until golden. Stir in Patak's Madras Curry Paste, add beef and fry until sealed. Add tomatoes and water, mix well and cover pan. Simmer on a low heat for 40 minutes, until the beef is cooked. Serve Garnished with chopped coriander leaf.
Preparation and Usage
This product must be cooked.
Beef Madras Recipe - Serves 4
1. Heat 3 tbsp of oil in a pan and add 1 medium diced onion, fry until soft.
2. Add 1 tsp finely chopped ginger, 1 tsp finely chopped garlic and 1/2 a jar of Patak's Tikka Madras spice paste, cook for 1-2 minutes. Add 50ml of water, cook until the water has evaporated.
3. Add 500g diced beef, cook until sealed. Add 150ml water, simmer covered until the beef is cooked (approx. 50 minutes).
4. Add 200g chopped tomatoes and simmer uncovered for 20 minutes until the beef is tender.
5. Season to taste, garnish with 1 tsp fresh chopped coriander and serve with rice and naan.
Try cracking 1 tsp of mustard seeds in hot oil release their sweet nutty flavour before adding the onion for that Indian home cooking experience.
Country of Origin
Country of Packing
AB World Foods Ltd.,
Allergens can be found in the ingredients list
Free From Gluten, May Contain Nuts, May Contain Peanuts
Allergy Advice: For allergens see highlighted ingredients
Water, Ground Spices (23%) [Coriander, Paprika, Turmeric (2.5%), Cumin (2.5%), Fenugreek, Black Pepper, Ginger (1%), Chilli (1%), Spices], Rapeseed Oil (20%), Salt, Maize Flour, Garlic Purée, Ginger Purée (2%), Acid (Acetic Acid), Concentrated Tomato Purée, Mustard Powder, Tamarind (1%), Dried Crushed Red Chilli (0.5%), Garlic Powder, Curry Leaf, Black Mustard Seed
Suitable for Vegetarians
May Contain Nuts
May Contain Peanuts
Free From Artificial Colours
Free From Artificial Flavours
Free From Artificial Preservatives
|Typical Values||Per 100g|
|Energy||1221kJ / 296kcal|
|of which saturates||1.8g|
|of which sugars||1.6g|
Chickpeas are such a fantastic ingredient, they have a lovely nutty flavour and are a good source of zinc and protein - and used liberally in Indian cuisine.This recipe is a firm favourite and is really hearty - the perfect winter warmer.
2 hrs 10 mins
These noodles have it all - healthy, flavour-packed and quick to make, they're sure to be a midweek staple.
This post-Christmas curry is full of flavour and so easy to make - even better, it's all cooked in one pan, so there's very little washing up
A deliciously easy recipe from Gordon Ramsay's "Fast Food" cookbook.
- Tesco Price Match
- ** Matched to Tesco's standard retail price on 31-Mar-2015 at 02:30. See our Terms and Conditions for full details.
- These summary details have been prepared for information purposes only, and are designed to enhance your shopping experience on the Ocado website. While we have taken care in preparing this summary and believe it is accurate, it is not a substitute for your reading the product packaging and label prior to use. You should note that products and their ingredients are subject to change. If you do require precise ingredient information you should consult the manufacturer, whose contact details will appear on the packaging or label.
- Ocado is therefore unable to accept liability for any incorrect information. Where this description contains a link to another party's website for further information on the product, please note that Ocado has no control over and no liability for the contents of that website.
- You should also note that the picture images show only our serving suggestions of how to prepare your food - all table accessories and additional items and/or ingredients pictured with the product you are purchasing are not included.
- This data is supplied for personal use only. It may not be reproduced in any way whatsoever without Ocado Limited's prior consent, nor without due acknowledgement.