Patak's Mild Spice Paste 283g
63.6p per 100g
- Brands: Pataks
Store in a cool dry place. Use within six months of opening and before the best before end date.
Create a marinade
Patak's Curry Pastes make excellent marinades, used on their own or blended 50-50 with plain yoghurt. Marinate meat then bake, BBQ or grill.
It is important that this product is not consumed uncooked.
Preparation and Usage
This product must be cooked.
Mild Chicken Curry Recipe
1. Heat 3 tbsp oil in a pan and add 1 medium diced onion, fry until soft.
2. Add 2 tsp finely chopped ginger and 1/2 a jar of Patak's Mild Curry spice paste, cook for 1-2 minutes. Add 50ml of water, cook until the water has evaporated.
3. Add 500g diced chicken, cook until sealed. Add 100g chopped tomatoes and cook for 3 minutes, add 1 can / 400ml of coconut milk, simmer uncovered until the chicken is cooked (approx. 15 minutes).
4. Add 1 tbsp fresh chopped coriander, season to taste and serve with rice and naan.
Try crackling 1/2 tsp of mustard seeds in hot oil to release their sweet nutty flavour before adding the onion for that Indian home cooking experience.
Country of Origin
AB World Foods Ltd.,
Pack - Glass
Allergy Other Text:
May also contain peanuts and nuts
Full Product Name:
Our authentic blend of aromatic spices, coriander, paprika & ginger for a beautifully balanced Mild Curry dish
Store in a cool, dry place. Use within 6 weeks of opening and before the best before end date.
Best Before End: See Lid.
Made in the UK
Allergy Advice: For allergens see highlighted ingredients
Water, Ground Spices (27%) [Coriander (10%), Paprika (4%), Turmeric, Cumin, Fenugreek, Spices, Ginger (1%), Fennel, Cinnamon], Rapeseed Oil (19%), Concentrated Tomato Purée, Salt, Maize Flour, Acids (Acetic Acid, Citric Acid, Lactic Acid), Mustard Powder, Sugar, Tamarind, Garlic Powder
Suitable for Vegetarians
|Typical Values||Per 100g|
|Energy||1263kJ / 306kcal|
|of which saturates||1.8g|
|of which sugars||3.3g|
Easy-peasy inspiration for after-work meals and simple entertaining.
Use hardy root veg in this Asian-inspired spice pot. We used pumpkin, carrots and parsnips, teamed with tomatoes
1 hr 20 mins
Coronation chicken was invented by Constance Spry and Rosemary Hume to celebrate the coronation of Her Majesty the Queen in 1953. Today it is a classic salad and sandwich filling. Add a hotter curry paste if you like a bit more spice.
1 hr 10 mins
This curry is handily quick to prepare and contains a wonderful array of flavours. You could serve this with naan or poppadums, though the chickpeas ensure the meal is more than hearty enough on its own.
Delicious as a side dish to any barbecue or asian-inspired meal, Canned Food UK's Indian spiced potatoes are made using canned potatoes, making this recipe simple to create in no time!
- These summary details have been prepared for information purposes only, and are designed to enhance your shopping experience on the Ocado website. While we have taken care in preparing this summary and believe it is accurate, it is not a substitute for your reading the product packaging and label prior to use. You should note that products and their ingredients are subject to change. If you do require precise ingredient information you should consult the manufacturer, whose contact details will appear on the packaging or label.
- Ocado is therefore unable to accept liability for any incorrect information. Where this description contains a link to another party's website for further information on the product, please note that Ocado has no control over and no liability for the contents of that website.
- You should also note that the picture images show only our serving suggestions of how to prepare your food - all table accessories and additional items and/or ingredients pictured with the product you are purchasing are not included.
- This data is supplied for personal use only. It may not be reproduced in any way whatsoever without Ocado Limited's prior consent, nor without due acknowledgement.