Patak's Tikka Masala Spice Paste 283g
Store in a cool, dry place.
Once opened, consume within 6 months.
Best Before End: See Lid.
Easy to prepare:
1. In a medium size pan, gently fry onions until golden.
2. Stir in Patak's Tikka Masala Paste, add chicken and fry until sealed.
3. Add tomatoes & water, mix well and cover pan, simmer on low heat for 20 minutes. Stir in cream or yogurt and garnish with chopped corainder leaf (optional).
Equally delicious with beef, lamb or prawns
Preparation and Usage
This product must be cooked.
Chicken Tikka Masala Recipe
1. Heat 3 tbsp of oil in a pan and add 1 medium diced onion, fry until soft.
2. Add 1 tsp finely chopped ginger, 1 tsp finely chopped garlic and 1/2 a jar of Patak's Tikka Masala spice paste, cook for 1-2 minutes. Add 50ml of water, cook until the water has evaporated.
3. Add 500g diced chicken, cook until sealed. Add 200g chopped tomatoes and 150ml water, simmer uncovered until the chicken is cooked (approx. 15 minutes).
4. Add 150ml double cream and 1 tsp sugar, cook for 4 minutes, season to taste, garnish with fresh chopped coriander and serve with rice and naan.
Try crackling 1 tsp of cumin seeds in hot oil to release their sweet earthy flavour before adding the onion for that Indian home cooking experience.
Country of Origin
AB World Foods Ltd.,
Glass Jar Recyclable
Full Product Name:
Our authentic blend of aromatic spices, turmeric, paprika & coriander for a beautifully balanced Tikka Masala dish
Made in the UK
Allergens can be found in the ingredients list
Free From Gluten, May Contain Nuts, May Contain Peanuts
Allergy Advice: For allergens see highlighted ingredients
Water, Ground Spices (20%) [Turmeric (5%), Paprika (4%), Cumin, Coriander (3.5%), Spices], Rapeseed Oil (19%), Salt, Maize Flour, Acids (Acetic Acid, Citric Acid), Tamarind, Garlic Powder, Dried Fenugreek Leaf, Cumin Seed, Paprika Extract, Dried Coriander Leaf, Mustard Powder
Suitable for Vegetarians
|Typical Values||Per 100g|
|of which saturates||1.7g|
|of which sugars||0.8g|
Pollock hasn’t always been a popular fish, but in fact I love using it with stronger flavours like this spice mix and it holds its flavour well. It is a great alternative to cod and haddock, as we know they are in short supply. By Sophie Michell The chickpeas add protein and complex carbohydrates and the butternut squash is full of beta carotene.
Chickpeas are such a fantastic ingredient, they have a lovely nutty flavour and are a good source of zinc and protein - and used liberally in Indian cuisine.This recipe is a firm favourite and is really hearty - the perfect winter warmer.
2 hrs 10 mins
Be deliciously different with this summery dish from the Vegetarian Society.
Tasty and versatile family favourite recipe, which can be cooked either indoors or outdoors on the BBQ, depending on the great British summer weather.
Roasted lamb leg, coated in yogurt and tikka sauce. Serve in pitta bread with red cabbage slaw and mango chutney - an Indian inspired twist on the traditional Sunday roast.
1 hr 50 mins
- Tesco Price Match
- ** Matched to Tesco's standard retail price on 24-Nov-2015 at 00:29. See our Terms and Conditions for full details.
- These summary details have been prepared for information purposes only, and are designed to enhance your shopping experience on the Ocado website. While we have taken care in preparing this summary and believe it is accurate, it is not a substitute for your reading the product packaging and label prior to use. You should note that products and their ingredients are subject to change. If you do require precise ingredient information you should consult the manufacturer, whose contact details will appear on the packaging or label.
- Ocado is therefore unable to accept liability for any incorrect information. Where this description contains a link to another party's website for further information on the product, please note that Ocado has no control over and no liability for the contents of that website.
- You should also note that the picture images show only our serving suggestions of how to prepare your food - all table accessories and additional items and/or ingredients pictured with the product you are purchasing are not included.
- This data is supplied for personal use only. It may not be reproduced in any way whatsoever without Ocado Limited's prior consent, nor without due acknowledgement.