Offer - Peter Lehmann Portrait Barossa Shiraz, Australia 75cl
This is an age restricted product
You will be asked at checkout to verify that you are over the age of 18
£7.49 per 75cl
If you were to paint a portrait of Peter Lehmann it would have real depth and character, just like the man himself!
When pressured by his bosses in the 1970's to renege on a hand-shake deal he'd struck with the growers, Peter Lehmann said 'to hell with them' and - with the help of the local community - bought all the grapes himself.
He crafted them. Bottled them. Sold them. And has continued doing so ever since.
Robust and generous, this Barossa Shiraz has flavours of plum and dark chocolate that have mellowed in oak hogsheads for 12 months prior to bottling.
Alc. 14.5% Vol.
A True Story
If you were to paint a portrait of Peter Lehmann it would have real depth and character, just like the man himself.
When pressured by his bosses in the 1970's to renege on a hand-shake deal he'd struck with the growers, Peter Lehmann said 'to hell with them', and - with the help of the local community - bought all the grapes himself.
He created them. Bottled them. Sold them. And has continued doing so ever since.
- Brands: Peter Lehmann
- Grape Varieties: Shiraz - Syrah
- Wine Styles: Full Bodied
- Countries: Barossa Valley, South Australia
- Options: On Offer
- Price Ranges: £6 to £8
- Wine Cellar: Red, Decanter
A rich bouquet of chocolate and black forest fruits. This is a full bodied wine with soft, velvet tannins and a long finish.
Peter Lehmann Wines
Andrew Wigan, Ian Hongell, Peter Kelly and Tim Dolan
The Portrait wines embody the original promise Peter Lehmann made to the grape growers to make wines that show what the Barossa is all about. With a 'family' of more than 140 growers across the length and breadth of the Barossa, Peter Lehmann has created a portrait of the region with top varietals that have made the Barossa famous.
The Barossa is Australia's most famous wine region -located an hour north of Adelaide in South Australia- and home to a generous and vibrant community of artisan food and wine producers. Settled by British and German farmers, landowners and craftsmen the Barossa's first vines were planted in the 1840's. Some of the oldest, gnarly vines are used to make wines under the Peter Lehmann label.
Fruit from more than 60 growers across the length and breadth of the Barossa makes up the final blend, affording consistency to the original Peter Lehmann style: robust and generous. Fruit was fermented on skins for seven days. Following pressing, clarification and blending, the wine was matured in French and American oak hogsheads for 12 months prior to bottling.
Country of Origin
Country of Packing
Peter Lehmann Ltd,
Glass bottle recyclable
Full Product Name:
Shiraz - Red Australian Wine
6 Timbermill Way,
Allergens can be found in the ingredients list
Contains Sulphur Dioxide/Sulphites
Suitable for Vegetarians; Suitable for Vegans
- These summary details have been prepared for information purposes only, and are designed to enhance your shopping experience on the Ocado website. While we have taken care in preparing this summary and believe it is accurate, it is not a substitute for your reading the product packaging and label prior to use. You should note that products and their ingredients are subject to change. If you do require precise ingredient information you should consult the manufacturer, whose contact details will appear on the packaging or label.
- Ocado is therefore unable to accept liability for any incorrect information. Where this description contains a link to another party's website for further information on the product, please note that Ocado has no control over and no liability for the contents of that website.
- You should also note that the picture images show only our serving suggestions of how to prepare your food - all table accessories and additional items and/or ingredients pictured with the product you are purchasing are not included.
- This data is supplied for personal use only. It may not be reproduced in any way whatsoever without Ocado Limited's prior consent, nor without due acknowledgement.