President Emmental 200g
over 2 weeks *
£11.95 per kg
Emmental is delicious in cooking and sandwiches. It is easily sliced and grated, and turns perfectly golden when grilled.
Preparation and Usage
Président Emmental is very versatile and is ideal for cooking. It is easily sliced and grated, and turns perfectly golden when grilled.
Président Emmental Potato and Bacon Bake
Serves: 4 Prep. time: 20 min.
Cooking time: 55 min.
1 kg waxy potatoes eg Desiree, peeled - 25g Président unsalted butter - 2 medium onions, sliced - 275g / 6 thick rashers, lean back bacon, cut into thins strips - 1 tsp dried mixed herbs - 200g Président Emmental cheese, sliced - 150ml Crème Fraiche - 1 clove garlic, crushed - 25g Président Emmental cheese, grated.
Preheat the oven to 180°C/350°F/gas 4.
Cut the potatoes into thin slices, approx 3mm thick, put into a pan of boiling salted water and cook for 5 minutes until only just tender, do not overcook.
Drain carefully so not to break them up. Meanwhile melt the Président unsalted butter in a large frying pan, add the onions and cook over a medium heat for 5 minutes. Add the bacon, turn up the heat and cook stirring for a further 5 minutes and stir in the mixed herbs. Grease an ovenproof dish, add about one-third of the potatoes in an even layer, then spoon over half the onion mixture, lay half of the Président sliced Emmental cheese on top.
Repeat the layers and finish with a layer of potatoes then scatter over the Président Emmental grated cheese. Bake in the oven for 45 minutes until golden.
Return To Address
Contact us with your comments quoting all of the information in the Best before box:
Lactalis McLelland Ltd,
60 High Street,
Country of Origin
Country of Packing
Lactalis McLelland Ltd,
60 High Street,
Full Product Name:
Emmental cheese made with pasteurised cow's milk.
Produced in Czech Republic
Packaged in a protective atmosphere to maintain freshness.
Allergens can be found in the ingredients list
Suitable for Vegetarians
|Typical Values||per 100 g|
|of which saturates||17.0g|
|of which sugars||Nil|
|*RI: Reference Intake|
Everybody dig in – this makes a great family starter or a laid-back summer lunch served with cold beer. Like this recipe? You’ll find lots more like it at Waitrose.com
This recipe is from Regis Negrier, head pastry chef at The Delaunay, who says: "In Burgundy where I come from goujères are served with Chablis or Kir. They are the most popular snack for a successful aperitif. My mother still takes time to make them whenever I visit her."
This is a great way to make Italian-style toasted sandwiches without the need for a special panini machine. The secret is to get the pan just hot enough, so that by the time the bread has toasted, the middle is melty and delicious. It it's too hot, the bread could burn before the middle is ready, so always keep the heat lower if you are not sure. Pack a punch with Sacla's Fiery Chilli Pesto, or try Sacla' Sun-Dried Tomato Pesto for something extra unctuous.
- Life guarantee
- * Minimum life based on 'use-by' date of product. Average life based on last week's deliveries. Life guarantee shown based on delivery tomorrow and includes day of delivery. Please book a slot to view Life guarantee for your chosen delivery day. See Terms and Conditions for further details.
- These summary details have been prepared for information purposes only, and are designed to enhance your shopping experience on the Ocado website. While we have taken care in preparing this summary and believe it is accurate, it is not a substitute for your reading the product packaging and label prior to use. You should note that products and their ingredients are subject to change. If you do require precise ingredient information you should consult the manufacturer, whose contact details will appear on the packaging or label.
- Ocado is therefore unable to accept liability for any incorrect information. Where this description contains a link to another party's website for further information on the product, please note that Ocado has no control over and no liability for the contents of that website.
- You should also note that the picture images show only our serving suggestions of how to prepare your food - all table accessories and additional items and/or ingredients pictured with the product you are purchasing are not included.
- This data is supplied for personal use only. It may not be reproduced in any way whatsoever without Ocado Limited's prior consent, nor without due acknowledgement.