Riso Gallo Risotto Rice Carnaroli 500g
47.8p per 100g
Numero Uno in Italia
Carnaroli - The King of Italian Rices and the preferred choice of the top risotto chefs. An exceptionally creamy, firm and balanced consistency is guaranteed every time. Risotto is a traditional rice meal from the North of Italy.
The Italians love it because:
- It is creamy and velvety.
- The rice retains some bite, "al dente".
- It is versatile - you can easily create your own recipe for every occasion.
The Po valley became the renowned region it is today, because of the vision of a great Piedmontese statesman - Camillo Benso di Cavour.
In 1855 he supervised the construction of thousands of miles of canals, thus irrigating one of the most fertile plains in Europe with water from the Alps. Using the same systems, Italian farmers, selected by Riso Gallo, continue to produce rice with the same unique characteristics to provide you with a creamy and velvety wonderful risotto.
''Riserva 1856'' - 1856 is the year in which our story began - this is the king of risotto rice by Riso Gallo, an exceptional quality rice with large, full-bodied grains that encompasses six generations of passion and culture for rice. It originates from the Lombardy farmhouses, where the organoleptic characteristics of the land and the microclimate are at their most favourable. It is particularly popular with chefs due to the grains' capacity to retain a perfectly cooked ''al dente'' style, yet binds harmoniously with all ingredients, creating a perfect result.
Rice weeders, some of whom direct descendants still work for Riso Gallo today
Follow us on Facebook www.facebook.com/Risogallouk
Store in a cool, dry place.
Ready in 16-18 minutes.
Suitable for all Mediterranean rice dishes
Preparation and Usage
For risotto preparation, see inside back of pack.
Return To Address
Gallo UK Ltd,
5, Park Court,
Country of Origin
Riso Gallo S.p.A.,
V.le Riccardo Preve 4,
27038 Robbio (PV),
Carton box recyclable
Full Product Name:
Carnaroli Long Grain Rice for Risotto
Store in a cool dry place
Best before: see top of pack
Gallo UK Ltd,
5, Park Court,
Vacuum packed to ensure perfect preservation
Allergy Advice: For allergens see highlighted ingredients
Long Grain Rice.
|of which saturates||0,2 g|
|of which sugars||0,2 g|
Perfect for an easy, instant warming supper. Smooth and creamy with the tender slight crunch of the nutty Fenland celery and oozing blue cheese this will become a family favourite.
For a fresh and flavoursome main course, this Italian-inspired dish takes some beating.
Roasted squash gives this vegetarian supper for two a deep autumnal flavour
Another classic Roman dish, this pumpkin risotto has been reinvented with ‘trumpet of death’ mushrooms, rich Pecorino and amaretti biscuit crumble
- These summary details have been prepared for information purposes only, and are designed to enhance your shopping experience on the Ocado website. While we have taken care in preparing this summary and believe it is accurate, it is not a substitute for your reading the product packaging and label prior to use. You should note that products and their ingredients are subject to change. If you do require precise ingredient information you should consult the manufacturer, whose contact details will appear on the packaging or label.
- Ocado is therefore unable to accept liability for any incorrect information. Where this description contains a link to another party's website for further information on the product, please note that Ocado has no control over and no liability for the contents of that website.
- You should also note that the picture images show only our serving suggestions of how to prepare your food - all table accessories and additional items and/or ingredients pictured with the product you are purchasing are not included.
- This data is supplied for personal use only. It may not be reproduced in any way whatsoever without Ocado Limited's prior consent, nor without due acknowledgement.