Secretary Bird Sauvignon Blanc 75cl
This is an age restricted product
You will be asked at checkout to verify that you are over the age of 18
£9.99 per 75cl
The Secretary Bird, a name deriving from it's quill like feathers, is a familiar site in the open grasslands of the Western Cape and one of South Africa's most treasured national birds. Grown from vines in the Western Cape, this crisp and fruity Sauvignon Blanc has lifted green fruit aromas, complemented by subtle flavours of or ripe apples, citrus acidity and a long, mineral finish. A versatile wine to match with a host of foods.
Named for its quill-like feathers, the Secretary Bird is a familiar sight in the open grasslands of South Africa’s Western Cape.
Fresh, ripe yellow fruit flavours come through this 100% Sauvignon Blanc, combined with a hint of waxy lime and plum stone. Hints of leafy herbal notes combine to deliver a zippy, racy and extremely drinkable wine.
Delicious with brightly-flavoured seafood dishes, and Thai salads, or indeed by the glass on its own!
- Brands: Secretary Bird
- Grape Varieties: Sauvignon Blanc
- Countries: Swartland, Wellington
- Price Ranges: £8 to £12
- Wine Cellar: White
The Secretary Bird
Lifted green fruit aromas, complemented by subtle flavours of or ripe apples, citrus acidity and a long, mineral finish
A versatile wine to match with a host of foods and is equally enjoyable on its own.
2012 is our 21st vintage in South Africa. Thanks to long-standing relationships with growers, we have been able to consistently source the best parcels of fruit and successfully establish the Boutinot South Africa style and standard always developing and improving quality. This means working in the vineyards, selection the best sites, overseeing the winemaking. Responsibility for this task now falls to our South African winemaker Marinda Kruger Van Eck and our range encompasses three different and very characterful styles.
Grapes are sourced from long-established vineyards on the Wellington/Swartland borders, an area of low rainfall with mainly decomposed granite soils. The vines are low-trellised and the grapes were picked mid-March.
Grapes are machine harvested, followed by de-stemming. The grapes are then crushed and macerated. Temperature controlled, stainless steel fermentation is conducted with selected yeasts in order to produce a fresh and modern style of white wine.
Country of Origin
Country of Packing
Bottle - Glass - Widely Recycled
Allergens can be found in the ingredients list
Contains Sulphur Dioxide/Sulphites
Suitable for Vegetarians
- These summary details have been prepared for information purposes only, and are designed to enhance your shopping experience on the Ocado website. While we have taken care in preparing this summary and believe it is accurate, it is not a substitute for your reading the product packaging and label prior to use. You should note that products and their ingredients are subject to change. If you do require precise ingredient information you should consult the manufacturer, whose contact details will appear on the packaging or label.
- Ocado is therefore unable to accept liability for any incorrect information. Where this description contains a link to another party's website for further information on the product, please note that Ocado has no control over and no liability for the contents of that website.
- You should also note that the picture images show only our serving suggestions of how to prepare your food - all table accessories and additional items and/or ingredients pictured with the product you are purchasing are not included.
- This data is supplied for personal use only. It may not be reproduced in any way whatsoever without Ocado Limited's prior consent, nor without due acknowledgement.