Thai Taste Red Curry Paste 400g
67.3p per 100g
Our own very special blend, this superb authentic Thai favourite is a traditional, highly versatile aromatic paste made with red chilli, lemongrass and kaffir lime peel.
Store in a cool dry place. Once opened keep refrigerated and use within one month.
Dice 400g of beef fillet and add to a wok with two tablespoons of Thai Taste Rice Bran oil and 50g of Thai Taste Red Curry Paste (add more if you want a hotter curry). Coat all the beef and then add 400ml of Thai Taste Coconut Milk and allow to simmer gently.
Season with Thai Taste Fish Sauce and add one tablespoon of Thai Taste Palm Sugar. Add bamboo shoots and continue to simmer for a further 6 minutes or until cooked. Serve with Thai Taste Sticky Rice or Thai Taste Rice Noodles and garnish with sliced fresh green chillies and fresh chopped basil. You may substitute prawns or chicken Instead of beef
Preparation and Usage
Recipe: Serves 4
You will need:
400g strips of sirloin steak
60g Thai Taste Red Curry Paste (use more for a hotter curry)
1 tbsp Thai Taste Rice Bran Oil or sunflower oil
400ml tin Thai Taste Coconut Milk
1 tsp Thai Taste Fish Sauce
1 tsp Thai Taste Palm Sugar
1 tin bamboo shoots
1-2 tsp Thai Taste Thai Basil
1. Heat 1 tbsp of oil in a deep frying pan and add 1 tbsp of coconut milk.
2. Add Thai Taste red curry paste and mix until the aromas are released (3 mins).
3. Add the beef, stirring to coat the meat with the paste (about 3 mins).
4. Stir in the fish sauce, palm sugar and the rest of coconut milk and simmer until the meat is cooked (about 6 mins). The sauce should not be too thick.
5. Add the bamboo shoots and Thai Basil and continue to simmer for a further 5 mins.
You can add chopped coriander and sliced red chillies to finish off the dish. Serve with Thai Taste Sticky Rice.
Tips: Keep for a day in the fridge after cooking, the flavour is better on day two. Make sure to reheat thoroughly before serving. Substitute beef with chopped vegetables or duck.
Country of Origin
Country of Packing
Specially manufactured for:
Free From Gluten
Garlic, Dried Red Chilli, Lemongrass, Salt, Onion, Small Red Chilli, Galangal, Kaffir Lime Peel, Spices
|Typical Values||per 100 g||per serving (30 g)|
|Energy||575 kJ / 137 kcal||173 kJ / 41 kcal|
|Protein||4.5 g||1.3 g|
|Carbohydrate||26.2 g||7.9 g|
|Fat||1.6 g||0.5 g|
Now that Butternut Squash are in season, why not try this warming soup made from roasted Butternut Squash, sweet coconut and spicy Thai curry paste.
- These summary details have been prepared for information purposes only, and are designed to enhance your shopping experience on the Ocado website. While we have taken care in preparing this summary and believe it is accurate, it is not a substitute for your reading the product packaging and label prior to use. You should note that products and their ingredients are subject to change. If you do require precise ingredient information you should consult the manufacturer, whose contact details will appear on the packaging or label.
- Ocado is therefore unable to accept liability for any incorrect information. Where this description contains a link to another party's website for further information on the product, please note that Ocado has no control over and no liability for the contents of that website.
- You should also note that the picture images show only our serving suggestions of how to prepare your food - all table accessories and additional items and/or ingredients pictured with the product you are purchasing are not included.
- This data is supplied for personal use only. It may not be reproduced in any way whatsoever without Ocado Limited's prior consent, nor without due acknowledgement.