Offer - Tilda Pure Basmati Rice 500g
The Tilda Basmati Promise:
- Naturally sun-kissed, matured grains for exceptional taste
- Broken grains removed to ensure a light, fluffy texture
- Each batch is purity tested to remove inferior grains
Our love for this ancient delicacy means we never compromise; only exceptional is ever good enough to carry our name.
Using the finest quality grains means our Basmati is simply full of natural goodness with a wonderful aroma and a long, fluffy texture that you'll adore from the very first taste.
Your kitchen deserves the best; trust us to bring you rice like no other you'll find on Earth and that you'll always be proud to serve.
Store in a cool, dry place.
Hob - From Ambient. Allow 60g of uncooked rice per person (approx. 1/2 cup).
1 measure dry rice: 2 measures water.
For best results we recommend you soak the rice in cold water for 30 minutes, then rinse in a sieve with cold water.
1. Take a large pan and add 2 measures of cold water to 1 measure of Basmati.
2. Bring to the boil, reduce to a low heat, cover and simmer for 10-12 minutes until the water is absorbed. Avoid opening the lid or stirring the rice.
3. Remove from heat, allow to stand covered for 5 minutes.
4. Lightly fork through the grains before serving.
Alternatively rinse uncooked rice with cold water. Add to a large pan of boiling water, cook on medium heat for 10-12 minutes. Drain well and stand for 3 minutes. Lightly fork through the grains and serve.
Preparation and Usage
There are many different ways to cook rice - this one is really simply:
1. Add 60g of Basmati per person to a large pan of boiling water.
2. Cook on a medium heat for 10-12 minutes.
3. Drain well, cover and let stand for 3 minutes then lightly fork through the grains and serve.
Country of Origin
Country of Packing
PO Box 550,
Full Product Name:
Pure Original Basmati Rice
Store in a cool dry place.
Milled and packed in the UK from an imported ingredient
Allergens can be found in the ingredients list
Free From Gluten
Allergy Advice: For allergens see highlighted ingredients
Pure Basmati Rice
Free From Gluten
Free From Lactose
Free From Artificial Colours
Free From Artificial Flavours
Free From Artificial Preservatives
|Typical Values||dry/uncooked rice Per 100g||dry/uncooked rice Per 60g|
|(of which saturates)||0.2g||0.1g|
|(of which sugars)||0.5g||0.3g|
Spicy jollof rice is a simple, tasty all-in-one recipe that’s popular in many parts of West Africa. Succulent chicken thighs are browned then cooked in a tomato, chilli and ginger sauce. Then you pop in the basmati rice and cook on a very low heat, adding colourful sliced peppers and okra on top, too. So you can bring one big tasty pot to the table and let everyone dig in!
1 hr 25 mins
Lisa's Tip: This recipe is so simple but gives a huge flavour boost. The rice gets a slightly sweet and nutty flavour so its a perfect complement to Asian cooking. If you are making a curry, fish, spicy stir fry or even a roast chicken, this rice will be a great side!
Upgrade the classic beef dish with great-value diced venison.
Fragrant curry paste brings out the subtle, slightly sweet flavour of cod
When life gives you rice and eggs, you must always make kedgeree.
- Tesco Price Match
- ** Matched to Tesco's standard retail price on 24-Feb-2017 at 04:50. See our Terms and Conditions for full details.
- These summary details have been prepared for information purposes only, and are designed to enhance your shopping experience on the Ocado website. While we have taken care in preparing this summary and believe it is accurate, it is not a substitute for your reading the product packaging and label prior to use. You should note that products and their ingredients are subject to change. If you do require precise ingredient information you should consult the manufacturer, whose contact details will appear on the packaging or label.
- Ocado is therefore unable to accept liability for any incorrect information. Where this description contains a link to another party's website for further information on the product, please note that Ocado has no control over and no liability for the contents of that website.
- You should also note that the picture images show only our serving suggestions of how to prepare your food - all table accessories and additional items and/or ingredients pictured with the product you are purchasing are not included.
- This data is supplied for personal use only. It may not be reproduced in any way whatsoever without Ocado Limited's prior consent, nor without due acknowledgement.