Offer - Tilimuqui Fairtrade Single Vineyard Organic Cabernet Sauvignon Bonarda 75cl
This is an age restricted product
You will be asked at checkout to verify that you are over the age of 18
Price per 75cl: £6.39
Tilimuqui (tili-moo-key) is a small, isolated village where many of the families and workers from the La Riojana co-operative live. This community benefits from Fairtrade projects which are helping to improve living conditions, changing their lives for the better.
This Cabernet Sauvignon / Bonarda blend has a smooth, medium bodied taste and is bursting with juicy red berry and ripe plum flavours. A perfect choice for special get-togethers, parties, barbeques or just a cosy night in. Best enjoyed with grilled rump steak, marinated lamb chops, pork chops, roast beef or lamb, casseroles and tomato based pasta dishes. We hope you enjoy it!
This Fairtrade wine is made from organic grapes grown and handpicked by the 500 families of the La Riojana co-operative in the remote high altitude vineyards of the Famatina Valley
Fairtrade means fairer trading conditions and opportunities for producers in developing countries to invest in their businesses and communities for a sustainable future.
- Brands: Tilimuqui
- Grape Varieties: Cabernet Sauvignon
- Countries: Famatina
- Dietary & Lifestyle: Organic, Fairtrade
- Options: On Offer
- Price Ranges: £6 to £8
- Wine Cellar: Red
Store in a cool, dry place.
Drink with red meat casseroles & tomato based fayre
Cabernet Sauvignon Bonarda
This Cabernet Sauvignon / Bonarda blend has been expertly made, with selected hand picked grapes, by the dedicated team at La Riojana. The wine has a smooth, even texture with a medium bodied taste and is bursting with juicy red berry and ripe plum flavours.
Best enjoyed with grilled rump steak, marinated lamb chops, pork chops, roast beef or lamb, casseroles and tomato based pasta dishes
La Riojana Cooperativa
La Riojana is a wine co-operative located in La Rioja province, northwest Argentina, an area considered as one of Argentinas most exciting wine regions, well known for producing great quality wines, in particular outstanding Torrontés. Since its establishment in 1940, as many as four generations and several hundred families have been involved in producing grapes for La Riojana and have helped make it one of the largest and most successful co-operatives in Argentina today. The co-operative currently has 500 members, the majority of whom are small-scale producers with less than three hectares of land given to grape production and come from across the La Rioja province.
This wine is produced from grapes produced in La Riojana co-operative vineyards located in the picturesque and remote Famatina Valley, in La Rioja province, northwest Argentina. The Famatina Valley is a natural viticultural paradise, with high altitude vineyards which benefit from a combination of brilliant sunshine, warm days, cold nights and very low rainfall, which rarely exceeds 180mm per year.
The grapes were harvested by hand in the early morning and pressed with pneumatic bag presses with no maceration. Fermentation was carried out with selected yeasts at a controlled temperature between 22º - 24º C with three pump overs per day being carried out over a five day period. Malolactic fermentation was carried out in an inoculated tank with inner stave maturation (70% French - 30% American) for two months with micro-oxygenation.
Country of Origin
Country of Packing
La Riojana Coop,
BGA, INV P-73148,
Packing - Recyclable
Contains Eggs, Contains Sulphur Dioxide/Sulphites
- These summary details have been prepared for information purposes only, and are designed to enhance your shopping experience on the Ocado website. While we have taken care in preparing this summary and believe it is accurate, it is not a substitute for your reading the product packaging and label prior to use. You should note that products and their ingredients are subject to change. If you do require precise ingredient information you should consult the manufacturer, whose contact details will appear on the packaging or label.
- Ocado is therefore unable to accept liability for any incorrect information. Where this description contains a link to another party's website for further information on the product, please note that Ocado has no control over and no liability for the contents of that website.
- You should also note that the picture images show only our serving suggestions of how to prepare your food - all table accessories and additional items and/or ingredients pictured with the product you are purchasing are not included.
- This data is supplied for personal use only. It may not be reproduced in any way whatsoever without Ocado Limited's prior consent, nor without due acknowledgement.