Tio Pepe Fino Sherry 75cl
This is an age restricted product
You will be asked at checkout to verify that you are over the age of 18
IWSC Silver Award 2010, New Wave Spanish Award 2011
- Brands: Tio Pepe
- Grape Varieties: Palomino
- Wine Styles: Dry Sherry
- Countries: Spain
- Dietary & Lifestyle: Vegetarian
- Price Ranges: £8 to £12
- Wine Cellar: Sherry
Refrigerate after opening and drink within a few weeks.
Tio Pepe is a wine for all occasions and is the perfect partner for fish, shellfish, cheese, white meats and 'tapas' of course. Drink it straight or on ice. Always serve chilled
Preparation and Usage
Uncompromisingly dry, refreshing and distinctive
Tio Pepe is the perfect partner for savoury nibbles, olives, fried fish, Spanish ham and of course tapas. Tio Pepe is best enjoyed within a year of bottling. Serve well-chilled
Gonzalez Byass was founded in Jerez in 1835 by Manuel Maria Gonzalez. At the young age of 23 he decided to dedicate himself to the production and commercialisation of sherry wines and spirits. Nowadays the company is controlled by the Gonzalez family, now in its fifth generation. Gonzalez Byass has since been dedicated to the production and commercialisation of quality Sherry wines and Spirits and Tio Pepe went on to become the number one selling Fino in the world
Gonzalez Byass is situated in the city of Jerez, Andalusia, in the heart of the D.O. Jerez. This area enjoys a warm and humid climate which helps in the maturation of the grapes. The Gonzalez Byass vineyards are found on the albariza soil which is the best soil in the area for the growth of vines as it has a very high chalk content and therefore a large capacity for maintaining moisture, very important given the long, hot and dry summers experienced in Jerez.
As soon as Palomino grapes reach the winery they are pressed using neumatic presses without crushing the stems, seeds or skins. After fermentation in stainless steel tanks, classification and fortification to 15.5% the wine enters the Tio Pepe solera where it will age for more than 4 years in American oak barrels following the traditional Solera system. During this period the wine undergoes biological ageing under a layer of yeast known as the 'flor'.
Country of Origin
Bodega Gonzalez Byass Jerez,
Full Product Name:
Sherry - White Spanish Wine
Refrigerate after opening an drink within a few weeks.
Product of Spain
Allergens can be found in the ingredients list
Suitable for Vegetarians
Contains Sulphur Dioxide/Sulphites
A seductive blend of Smirnoff No.21 Vodka, Fino, Schweppes Tonic Water and olives. An exquisite taste of Christmas with a sherry on top. 1.8 UK Units
- Tesco Price Match
- ** Matched to Tesco's standard retail price on 14-Feb-2017 at 06:55. See our Terms and Conditions for full details.
- These summary details have been prepared for information purposes only, and are designed to enhance your shopping experience on the Ocado website. While we have taken care in preparing this summary and believe it is accurate, it is not a substitute for your reading the product packaging and label prior to use. You should note that products and their ingredients are subject to change. If you do require precise ingredient information you should consult the manufacturer, whose contact details will appear on the packaging or label.
- Ocado is therefore unable to accept liability for any incorrect information. Where this description contains a link to another party's website for further information on the product, please note that Ocado has no control over and no liability for the contents of that website.
- You should also note that the picture images show only our serving suggestions of how to prepare your food - all table accessories and additional items and/or ingredients pictured with the product you are purchasing are not included.
- This data is supplied for personal use only. It may not be reproduced in any way whatsoever without Ocado Limited's prior consent, nor without due acknowledgement.