Trex Vegetable Fat 250g
over 1 month *
Why use Trex instead of Butter?
It's soft and easy to whip giving an even bake
You can use 20% less in your recipes because it contains no water.
It's dairy free
Trex is the only 100% vegetable baking fat. What's more it's free from preservatives, colours, e-numbers and hydrogenated vegetable oil.
If your recipe asks for butter or margarine, by using Trex you need 20% less, because it contains no water.
No Colours or Preservatives
Preparation and Usage
Delicious triple chocolate raspberry muffins
200g (7oz) plain flour
2 tsp baking powder
15g (1/2 oz) cocoa powder
50g (2oz) Trex, chilled
100g (4oz) light muscavado sugar
40g (1 1/2 oz) milk or dark chocolate chips
40g 1 1/2 oz) white chocolate chips
1 large egg
1 tsp vanilla extract
100ml (4fl oz) milk
100g (4oz) raspberries
Preheat oven to 200°C/Gas mark 6. Place 8 paper muffin cases into a muffin tray.
Sift the flour, baking powder and cocoa powder into a mixing bowl, then rub in the Trex. Stir in the sugar and most of the chocolate chips, reserving a few for decoration.
In a jug, beat together the egg, vanilla extract and milk.
Add to the dry ingredients with the raspberries and stir until just combined. Do not over-mix.
Spoon the mixture into the paper cases and sprinkle the leftover chocolate chips on top. Bake for 20-25 minutes until well-risen. Cool on a wire rack.
Country of Origin
Country of Packing
Free from preservatives, colours
Full Product Name:
The versatile baking product that is lower in saturated fat than butter!
Allergy Advice: For allergens see highlighted ingredients
Palm Oil, Rapeseed Oil (in varying proportions)
Free From Artificial Colours
Free From Artificial Preservatives
|Typical Values||per 100g|
|of which saturates:||35g|
|of which sugars:||0g|
This lovely quiche has a little Cheshire cheese added to the pastry to give it a fantastic flavour, and is a tasty meal for the whole family.
1 hr 15 mins
A crumbly cheese pastry encases roasted vegetables in this easy-to-make free-from tart. Just be sure to check the label when purchasing the ingredients, to check that the brie you're buying is British!
1 hr 5 mins
Easy and quick to make with children helping or even making the oatcakes themselves. Supervise children when melting the lard and putting the baking tray in and out of the oven. Much tastier than bought oatcakes and they go wonderfully with Mackerel Pate.
A meat-tastic combination of chicken, bacon and sausage gives this glorious pie plenty of richness and flavour.
1 hr 55 mins
- Life guarantee
- * Minimum life based on 'use-by' date of product. Average life based on last week's deliveries. Life guarantee shown based on delivery tomorrow and includes day of delivery. Please book a slot to view Life guarantee for your chosen delivery day. See Terms and Conditions for further details.
- These summary details have been prepared for information purposes only, and are designed to enhance your shopping experience on the Ocado website. While we have taken care in preparing this summary and believe it is accurate, it is not a substitute for your reading the product packaging and label prior to use. You should note that products and their ingredients are subject to change. If you do require precise ingredient information you should consult the manufacturer, whose contact details will appear on the packaging or label.
- Ocado is therefore unable to accept liability for any incorrect information. Where this description contains a link to another party's website for further information on the product, please note that Ocado has no control over and no liability for the contents of that website.
- You should also note that the picture images show only our serving suggestions of how to prepare your food - all table accessories and additional items and/or ingredients pictured with the product you are purchasing are not included.
- This data is supplied for personal use only. It may not be reproduced in any way whatsoever without Ocado Limited's prior consent, nor without due acknowledgement.