Tuna Steak Waitrose 240g
3 days guaranteed (avg. 5)*
Price per kg: £29.13
By choosing these products you are improving the nutritional balance of your daily diet. A varied balanced diet together with frequent activity supports a healthy lifestyle. waitrose.com/lovelife for more information
- Brands: Waitrose
Keep refrigerated below 5°C. Once opened, consume within 1 day. Do not exceed use by date.
This product has been previously frozen under controlled conditions. It is suitable for freezing. Freeze as soon after purchase as possible and within the use by date. Use within one month. Defrost fully before use: do not refreeze once defrosted.
For use by date see front of pack.
Shallow Fry - From Chilled. Medium Heat 4-8 mins.
Remove all packaging. Heat a knob of unsalted butter and 1 tablespoon olive oil in a large frying pan. When foaming add the tuna steaks. Pan fry over a medium hot heat, turning halfway through cooking. Do not reheat once cooled.
Preparation and Usage
Or try quickly served marinated with coriander, basil, lime & chilli
Preparation: Wash hands, all surfaces and utensils after touching raw fish.
Size and thickness of fish may vary, cook times are given as guidance.
Country of Origin
Indonesia, The Repubic of Maldives, Sri Lanka
Country of Packing
Tray & Heat Sealed
Film - Plastic - Not Currently Recycled; Tray - Plastic - Check Local Recycling
Full Product Name:
Defrosted tuna steaks
Origin: From Tuna caught in the Central and western Pacific, Western and Eastern Indian Ocean
Method of catch: Hand line and Long line
Packaged in a protective atmosphere.
Allergy Advice: For allergens see highlighted ingredients
Yellowfin Tuna (Thunnus Albacares) (Fish)
|Typical Values||As Sold Per 100g|
|of which saturates||0.4g|
|of which sugars||trace|
Easy-peasy inspiration for after-work meals and simple entertaining, this dish is fragrant and filling. Recipe from “Cook Express” published by Dorling Kindersley.
Its excellent chunky texture makes tuna an ideal fish to cook on a barbecue. Photo © Gareth Morgans
Variation Red onions can be used instead of the shallots.
Easy-peasy inspiration for after-work meals and simple entertaining.
An incredibly simple meal bursting with flavour and health benefits.
- Life guarantee
- * Minimum life based on 'use-by' date of product. Average life based on last week's deliveries. Life guarantee shown based on delivery tomorrow and includes day of delivery. Please book a slot to view Life guarantee for your chosen delivery day. See Terms and Conditions for further details.
- These summary details have been prepared for information purposes only, and are designed to enhance your shopping experience on the Ocado website. While we have taken care in preparing this summary and believe it is accurate, it is not a substitute for your reading the product packaging and label prior to use. You should note that products and their ingredients are subject to change. If you do require precise ingredient information you should consult the manufacturer, whose contact details will appear on the packaging or label.
- Ocado is therefore unable to accept liability for any incorrect information. Where this description contains a link to another party's website for further information on the product, please note that Ocado has no control over and no liability for the contents of that website.
- You should also note that the picture images show only our serving suggestions of how to prepare your food - all table accessories and additional items and/or ingredients pictured with the product you are purchasing are not included.
- This data is supplied for personal use only. It may not be reproduced in any way whatsoever without Ocado Limited's prior consent, nor without due acknowledgement.