Twinings English Breakfast Tea Bags 50 per pack
For many people it's bacon and eggs, with a slice or two of buttery toast. Not as essential, though, as a good cup of tea. This original blend is the perfect start to the day. They say breakfast's the most important meal. We say this tea's the most important drink.
As the Original English Breakfast it carries Stephen Twinings' signature, still working at Twinings, just as his ancestors did many years age.
Our English Breakfast master blender searches relentlessly for the best teas from Assam, Ceylon and Kenya to give a perfectly balanced blend. We don't stop at just one tea from each origin, as each specially chosen tea garden adds a defining taste and quality to the end blend.
Every cup you drink contains tea from 15 different tea gardens. The master blender has a busy task, the large number of tea gardens and seasonal fluctuations mean for every batch they juggle the levels of each tea in the recipe to give a consistently first class cup of tea.
The journey from the tea garden to your cup...
When it comes to tea we're a little different from everybody else. The way we buy and blend is unique; we choose from more origins than anyone else and have a master blender dedicated to each of these locations. What they don't know about their tea gardens and where to find the best quality, isn't worth knowing. It is said that 7 is a lucky number, for us it's the number of times the master blenders taste each batch to make sure that the quality from its exotic origin reaches your cup.
We care about the communities where our tea is grown and picked and this is why we are a founder member of the Ethical Tea Partnership, which works to improve tea workers' welfare and the environment in which they live.
Twinings have also supported a range of projects since 2004, including improving health services and nutrition, providing access to clean water, better education and assisting children with disabilities. Together with our partners we have helped over half a million children in China and India.
- Brands: Twinings
Use one tea bag per person and pour on boiling water. Leave the tea to brew for three to five minutes, or until you think it's ready.
Then add a splash of milk, or a slice of lemon
Preparation and Usage
How do I drink it?
Brew for two or three minutes. Four for a cup that packs a little punch. Drink with a splash of milk.
Country of Packing
R. Twining and Company Limited,
Box - Card - Widely Recycled
Allergy Advice: For allergens see highlighted ingredients
100% Black Tea
- Tesco Price Match
- ** Matched to Tesco's standard retail price on 27-Apr-2015 at 01:17. See our Terms and Conditions for full details.
- These summary details have been prepared for information purposes only, and are designed to enhance your shopping experience on the Ocado website. While we have taken care in preparing this summary and believe it is accurate, it is not a substitute for your reading the product packaging and label prior to use. You should note that products and their ingredients are subject to change. If you do require precise ingredient information you should consult the manufacturer, whose contact details will appear on the packaging or label.
- Ocado is therefore unable to accept liability for any incorrect information. Where this description contains a link to another party's website for further information on the product, please note that Ocado has no control over and no liability for the contents of that website.
- You should also note that the picture images show only our serving suggestions of how to prepare your food - all table accessories and additional items and/or ingredients pictured with the product you are purchasing are not included.
- This data is supplied for personal use only. It may not be reproduced in any way whatsoever without Ocado Limited's prior consent, nor without due acknowledgement.