Twinings Organic Earl Grey Tea Bags 50 per pack
Organic earl grey
With the delicate flavour of bergamot
A diverse collection of richly scented teas with heady individual aromas to
suit every mood. If you enjoyed this tea, why not try another in our aromatics
range, decaffeinated earl grey, lapsang souchong, chai or lady grey
Twinings has been blending my family tea for many years. Legend has it, that
my ancestor, the second Earl Grey, was presented with this exquisite recipe by
an envoy on his return from China. Generations of my family have enjoyed
Earl Grey tea and, today, I am proud to continue this tradition with the tea
celebrated throughout the world known as Twinings earl grey tea
(The sixth Earl Grey)
A light tea, pale gold in colour with the delicate flavour of bergamot
The Story Goes That...
Earl Grey (who became Prime Minister a long way back) was given cases of this tea by a grateful Chinese Mandarin. He took a sip, drained the cup and was ready for whatever came next.
We should be grateful too as Earl Grey passed the tea on to Twinings to blend for his family. Several Earls have come and gone but this tea is as delicious as ever. The aroma of bergamot is as distinctive as a visit from the Emperor of China.
If you like your tea organic, we think you might also like Twinings Organic English Breakfast.
Discover something new with Twinings.
Tea, Twinings & Inspiration.
For us, tea is more than just a drink. It's a way to calm down, to wake up, to spark an idea, to share a story.
Our own story started in 1706. That's when Thomas Twining first set up shop. In the age of coffee shops, he was the man who loved tea and worked hard to bring it to the people.
More than 300 years later, the passion's still there. Each tea - and we have more than 115 - is a special blend. They're tasted and tasted by our experts until they're just right. And we still sell tea from Thomas's little shop on London's Strand, so pop in for a visit.
We'd love to see you there.
Find out about our membership of:
Working for a responsible tea industry.
Store in a cool, dry place away from odours.
Brew for 3 to 5 minutes
Drink black or with a little touch of milk, or with a slice of lemon
Preparation and Usage
Use one teabag per person and pour on the boiling water. Leave the tea to brew for three to four minutes, or until you think it's ready. Then drink it black or with a drop of milk or slice of lemon.
Return To Address
Time to Talk about Tea?
We'd love to answer anything you need to know about tea.
You can ring the UK tealine 0845 6019612 (charged at local rate in UK) Monday to Friday, 8 till 6. Or you can visit our website
R. Twining and Company Limited,
Country of Origin
Country of Packing
R. Twining and Company Limited,
Box - Card - Widely Recycled
Full Product Name:
Organic Earl Grey 50 Tea Bags
Country of Packing: United Kingdom
Allergy Advice: For allergens see highlighted ingredients
Organic Tea, Bergamot Flavouring, (GB organic certification 5, non-EU agriculture)
|Typical Values||per 100g|
|of which sugars||Traceg|
|of which saturates||Traceg|
- Tesco Price Match
- ** Matched to Tesco's standard retail price on 04-Jul-2015 at 00:30. See our Terms and Conditions for full details.
- These summary details have been prepared for information purposes only, and are designed to enhance your shopping experience on the Ocado website. While we have taken care in preparing this summary and believe it is accurate, it is not a substitute for your reading the product packaging and label prior to use. You should note that products and their ingredients are subject to change. If you do require precise ingredient information you should consult the manufacturer, whose contact details will appear on the packaging or label.
- Ocado is therefore unable to accept liability for any incorrect information. Where this description contains a link to another party's website for further information on the product, please note that Ocado has no control over and no liability for the contents of that website.
- You should also note that the picture images show only our serving suggestions of how to prepare your food - all table accessories and additional items and/or ingredients pictured with the product you are purchasing are not included.
- This data is supplied for personal use only. It may not be reproduced in any way whatsoever without Ocado Limited's prior consent, nor without due acknowledgement.