Veuve Clicquot Vintage Brut Champagne 2008 75cl
This is an age restricted product
You will be asked at checkout to verify that you are over the age of 18
The unique signature of the house produced from a year with exceptional weather conditions and grapes of optimal ripeness.
- Grape Varieties: Chardonnay, Pinot Meunier, Pinot Noir
- Who's it for?: Him, Her, Couples
- Wine Styles: Champagne, Dry
- Countries: Champagne
- Price Ranges: £20 plus
- Wine Cellar: Champagne
Sparkling wines and Champagne should always be stored in a cool and dry place away from light and heat sources. The ideal temperature for storage is 13-15 degrees C.
Warning: Sparkling wines contain high natural pressure. Do not allow bottles to get warm. Chill bottle before opening and avoid shaking. Point bottle away from others and yourself when removing wire, hood and cork. Hold the cork firmly and twist out slowly by hand. Never in any circumstances use a corkscrew to open.
Pinot Noir, Chardonnay, Pinot Meunier
On the palate, the frank, lively and pure attack moves into a powerful, structured palate, delicately chiselled from the minerality of Champagne's chalky tertoir.
Veuve Clicquot Ponsardin
Founded in 1772 by Philippe Clicquot, the house was later taken over by his widow Madame Clicquot at the age of 27 in 1810. Through determination, intuition and acumen Madame Clicquot not only created the first recorded vintage in the champagne region but built up the Veuve Clicquot property to make it one of the foremost vineyards in all of Champagne.
Produced in Champagne, a small wine producing region in the northeast of France. Maison Veuve Clicquot is located in Reims, the largest city in the Champagne province.
The quality of the 2008 harvest was exceptional, with great potential for ageing. 2008 was declared a Veuve Clicquot Vintage, the third in the decade following 2002 and 2004 and the House's 65th since its first Vintage of 1810. New to this 2008 Vintage: 5% of the wines were produced and aged in wooden casks. This was to increase the complexity and aromatic richness of our Vintages. These cask-aged wines act as the spices for the blend, bringing very lightly woody, vanilla and toasted aromas.
Country of Origin
Country of Packing
Veuve Clicquot Ponsardin,
Glass bottle recyclable
Full Product Name:
Champagne - White French Wine
Product of France
FSC - Packaging from responsible sources, FSC® C021399, www.fsc.org
Allergens can be found in the ingredients list
Contains Sulphur Dioxide/Sulphites
Suitable for Vegetarians; Suitable for Vegans
- Tesco Price Match
- ** Matched to Tesco's standard retail price on 24-Aug-2016 at 03:23. See our Terms and Conditions for full details.
- These summary details have been prepared for information purposes only, and are designed to enhance your shopping experience on the Ocado website. While we have taken care in preparing this summary and believe it is accurate, it is not a substitute for your reading the product packaging and label prior to use. You should note that products and their ingredients are subject to change. If you do require precise ingredient information you should consult the manufacturer, whose contact details will appear on the packaging or label.
- Ocado is therefore unable to accept liability for any incorrect information. Where this description contains a link to another party's website for further information on the product, please note that Ocado has no control over and no liability for the contents of that website.
- You should also note that the picture images show only our serving suggestions of how to prepare your food - all table accessories and additional items and/or ingredients pictured with the product you are purchasing are not included.
- This data is supplied for personal use only. It may not be reproduced in any way whatsoever without Ocado Limited's prior consent, nor without due acknowledgement.