Offer - Vilarnau Rose Cava 75cl
This is an age restricted product
You will be asked at checkout to verify that you are over the age of 18
£8.76 per 75cl
Vilarnau (literally translated as The House of Arnau) made its first aged cavas in the town of Sant Sadurni d'Anoia in 1949. Sixty years later the wines are now made in a state of the art winery, whose sleek minimalist design couldn't be further from the fortified Romanesque house from which the company takes its name. The estate lies at approximately 250 metres above sea level and enjoys a Mediterranean climate, shielded by the breathtaking Montserrat Mountains to the north and the Litoral range to the south. Specialising in long-aged cavas, Vilarnau has over two and a half million bottles in stock, stored in temperature controlled cellars to ensure consistency of style and quality year after year.
Damia Deas has been in charge of winemaking at Vilarnau since 1985. He has personally supervised the planting of the vineyards and the construction of the spectacular bodega. Its sleek simplicity and sympathy with the surrounding landscape reflects Damia's interest in architecture, in which he is also qualified. Damia is passionate about Precision Viticulture, a practice where each vine is treated individually, achieving the ultimate balance between the canopy, the number of bunches and water retention, resulting in perfect ripening of the grapes.
Alc. 12% Vol.
- Brands: Vilarnau
- Grape Varieties: Chardonnay, Pinot Noir, Trepat
- Wine Styles: Sparkling, Dry
- Countries: Catalunya
- Options: On Offer
- Price Ranges: £8 to £12
- Wine Cellar: Sparkling Wine, IWSC
Sparkling wines and Champagne should always be stored in a cool and dry place away from light and heat sources. The ideal temperature for storage is 13-15 degrees C.
Warning: Sparkling wines contain high natural pressure. Do not allow bottles to get warm. Chill bottle before opening and avoid shaking. Point bottle away from others and yourself when removing wire, hood and cork. Hold the cork firmly and twist out slowly by hand. Never in any circumstances use a corkscrew to open.
In the mouth it is smooth, fresh and creamy with touches of fruit. Very plentiful medium size bubbles form into a delicate mousse
The Vilarnau Domus was a stately term from the Subirats Castle mas informacion (which today is still in good condition and can be seen from the vineyards of Vilarnau), where, in the 12th century, an altar dedicated to the Blessed Mary was built.
Not very far from the current farm are still some ruins of what was at that time the "Domus" or fortified house such as door cloths, remains of foundations of buildings, some tiles and evidence of walls.
The "Can petit i Planes de Vilarnau" estate, 20 hectares, is located in a privileged enclave in the heart of the cava region. From the estate, one can enjoy the spectacular views of Montserrat Mountains, the same that protect the vines from the cold winds of the Pyrenees. Towards the south, the vineyard is flanked by the Serrada Litoral (¿Jagged Coastline¿) and towards the East, it open up to the Mediterranean Sea, just 30km away.
The grapes macerate at 8 degree C for 18 hours in contact with the skins, the grapes are then chilled to protect the precursors, after maceration the must, which is already pink coloured, is crushed. This must is then fermented in stainless steel tanks for 30 days at a controlled 14 degrees C. The wine is then blended and bottled, where its second fermentation takes place over about 6 weeks at a constant 15 degrees C. The cava is in contact with the "mother" yeast culture for at lease 15 months.
Return To Address
Country of Origin
Castell De Vilarnua,
Sant Sadurni D'Anoia,
Pack - Glass
Full Product Name:
Rosé Spanish Wine
Contains Sulphur Dioxide/Sulphites
- These summary details have been prepared for information purposes only, and are designed to enhance your shopping experience on the Ocado website. While we have taken care in preparing this summary and believe it is accurate, it is not a substitute for your reading the product packaging and label prior to use. You should note that products and their ingredients are subject to change. If you do require precise ingredient information you should consult the manufacturer, whose contact details will appear on the packaging or label.
- Ocado is therefore unable to accept liability for any incorrect information. Where this description contains a link to another party's website for further information on the product, please note that Ocado has no control over and no liability for the contents of that website.
- You should also note that the picture images show only our serving suggestions of how to prepare your food - all table accessories and additional items and/or ingredients pictured with the product you are purchasing are not included.
- This data is supplied for personal use only. It may not be reproduced in any way whatsoever without Ocado Limited's prior consent, nor without due acknowledgement.