Offer - Vilarnau Rose Cava 75cl
This is an age restricted product
You will be asked at checkout to verify that you are over the age of 18
Price per 75cl: £8.61
Vilarnau (literally translated as The House of Arnau) made its first aged cavas in the town of Sant Sadurni d'Anoia in 1949. Sixty years later the wines are now made in a state of the art winery, whose sleek minimalist design couldn't be further from the fortified Romanesque house from which the company takes its name. The estate lies at approximately 250 metres above sea level and enjoys a Mediterranean climate, shielded by the breathtaking Montserrat Mountains to the north and the Litoral range to the south. Specialising in long-aged cavas, Vilarnau has over two and a half million bottles in stock, stored in temperature controlled cellars to ensure consistency of style and quality year after year.
Damia Deas has been in charge of winemaking at Vilarnau since 1985. He has personally supervised the planting of the vineyards and the construction of the spectacular bodega. Its sleek simplicity and sympathy with the surrounding landscape reflects Damia's interest in architecture, in which he is also qualified. Damia is passionate about Precision Viticulture, a practice where each vine is treated individually, achieving the ultimate balance between the canopy, the number of bunches and water retention, resulting in perfect ripening of the grapes.
Alc. 12% Vol.
- Brands: Vilarnau
- Grape Varieties: Chardonnay, Pinot Noir, Trepat
- Wine Styles: Dry, Sparkling
- Countries: Catalunya
- Options: On Offer
- Price Ranges: £8 to £12
- Wine Cellar: Sparkling Wine, IWSC
RedGrapeBlend, Trepat, Pinot Noir
A pale pink colour with fresh and subtle aromas of strawberry, raspberries and other red fruits. The ideal aperitif and perfect with Spanish paella.
Gonzalez Byass UK
Vilarnau is a prestigious, finely crafted cava with an avant-garde spirit, produced on a small and very exclusive scale. The state of the art winery uses the most modern vinification and ageing processes. Vilarnau cava dates from 1949 and is located in the municipality of Sant Sadurni d'Anoia, capital of the Cava Denomination of Origen in the heart of Catalonia. The name refers to the ancient Domvs, the fortified house of the Vila Arnau family, which formed part of the Subirats castle.
Vilarnau is situated 250m above sea level. These higher altitudes mean that the grapes undergo a slower maturation process producing wines with higher acidity which is ideal for the aged cava's for which Vilarnau has become famous. Protected by the cold winds of the Montserrat Mountains and to the south by the Serrelada coastline, the vineyard at Vilarnau enjoys a Mediterranean climate. The extreme changes in temperature between day and night favour greater concentrations of the aromas of the fruit.
The Trepat and Pinot Noir undergo maceration in contact with the skins for a short period of time to extract colour and aromas. The grapes are cooled and fermented in stainless steel tanks. The wine is then blended and bottled for the secondary fermentation which takes place in the underground cellar. The wine is aged for more than 15 months on its lees.
Return To Address
Gonzalez Byass UK Ltd,
Country of Origin
Castell de Vilarnua,
Sant Sadurni D'Anoia,
Pack - Glass
Allergens can be found in the ingredients list
Contains Sulphur Dioxide/Sulphites
- These summary details have been prepared for information purposes only, and are designed to enhance your shopping experience on the Ocado website. While we have taken care in preparing this summary and believe it is accurate, it is not a substitute for your reading the product packaging and label prior to use. You should note that products and their ingredients are subject to change. If you do require precise ingredient information you should consult the manufacturer, whose contact details will appear on the packaging or label.
- Ocado is therefore unable to accept liability for any incorrect information. Where this description contains a link to another party's website for further information on the product, please note that Ocado has no control over and no liability for the contents of that website.
- You should also note that the picture images show only our serving suggestions of how to prepare your food - all table accessories and additional items and/or ingredients pictured with the product you are purchasing are not included.
- This data is supplied for personal use only. It may not be reproduced in any way whatsoever without Ocado Limited's prior consent, nor without due acknowledgement.