Offer - Villa Maria Private Bin Merlot 75cl
This is an age restricted product
You will be asked at checkout to verify that you are over the age of 18
£8.99 per 75cl
This wine is approachable and food friendly with aromas of dark plum and blackberries. Enjoy with red meats and Mediterranean style foods.
Sir George Fistonich
Founder and Owner
- Brands: Villa
- Grape Varieties: Merlot
- Wine Styles: Medium Bodied
- Countries: Hawkes Bay
- Options: On Offer
- Price Ranges: £8 to £12
- Wine Cellar: Red
Enjoy with red meats and Mediterranean foods.
Bright crimson red hues lead to aromatics of plums, violets and berry fruits with vanilla like oak undertones. A sweet fruited and textured palate possessing supple tannins makes this a versatile food wine and suitable for any occasion.
Hatch Mansfield Agencies
Still 100% New Zealand and family owned, Villa Maria Estate has gone from strength to strength over the last 50 years and is now distributed in over 50 countries worldwide. Sir George's dedication to quality remains unwavering and as a result, Villa Maria Estate has claimed the title of New Zealand's Most Awarded Winery for over thirty consecutive years.
The fruit for this wine was sourced from vineyards located across the Hawkes Bay region. An array of soil profiles combined with high sunshine hours and low rainfall make Hawkes Bay New Zealand's `home' to the French Bordeaux variety Merlot. A significant portion of the final blend was grown in Villa Maria vineyards in close proximity to Gimblett Road.
The fruit was destemmed and crushed to fermentation vessels. To extract optimum colour, flavour and tannins, the fruit was plunged or pulsed with oxygen two times each day during fermentation, with temperatures peaking at 32°C. Following pressing and malolactic fermentation, the wine spent the next nine months in tank in contact with fine grained, lightly toasted French oak. The individual wines were then racked and blended, lightly egg-white fined and filtered prior to bottling
Return To Address
Country of Origin
Country of Packing
Villa Maria Estate Ltd.
Packing - Recyclable
Full Product Name:
Merlot - Red New Zealand Wine
Allergens can be found in the ingredients list
May Contain Eggs
Allergy Advice: For allergens see highlighted ingredients
Contains Preservative (220)
- These summary details have been prepared for information purposes only, and are designed to enhance your shopping experience on the Ocado website. While we have taken care in preparing this summary and believe it is accurate, it is not a substitute for your reading the product packaging and label prior to use. You should note that products and their ingredients are subject to change. If you do require precise ingredient information you should consult the manufacturer, whose contact details will appear on the packaging or label.
- Ocado is therefore unable to accept liability for any incorrect information. Where this description contains a link to another party's website for further information on the product, please note that Ocado has no control over and no liability for the contents of that website.
- You should also note that the picture images show only our serving suggestions of how to prepare your food - all table accessories and additional items and/or ingredients pictured with the product you are purchasing are not included.
- This data is supplied for personal use only. It may not be reproduced in any way whatsoever without Ocado Limited's prior consent, nor without due acknowledgement.