Offer - Vitabiotics Pregnacare Tablets 90 per pack
Price each: 13p
Worldwide studies have shown that extra specific nutrients such as folic acid and vitamin D may be necessary before and during pregnancy. Pregnacare® has been carefully developed to help safeguard dietary requirements, from the start of trying to conceive and during all of pregnancy.
More than folic acid - for an all-round healthy pregnancy
Formulated by Vitabiotics nutritional experts, to include 19 important vitamins and minerals. With 400µg folic acid and 10µg vitamin D3, the exact daily levels as recommended by the UK Department of Health.
Trusted support for mum's health
Pregnacare® contains a comprehensive formula to help safeguard all round health and vitality, as well as important nutrients for pregnancy. Folic acid contributes to maternal tissue growth during pregnancy. The unique formula also includes zinc which contributes to normal reproductive health.
Effective support without excessive levels
To protect your growing child, Pregnacare® avoids excessive level of iron and other nutrients. Pregnacare® does not contain vitamin A, as high levels are not advised in pregnancy.
Effective Support Without Excessive Levels
Because Pregnacare® has been specially formulated by experts for pregnancy, it contains certain nutrients at levels above the Nutrient Reference Value (NRV). All ingredient amounts are within safe levels for pregnancy.
To protect your growing child, Pregnacare® avoids excessive levels of iron and other nutrients.
Pregnacare® does not contain vitamin A, as high levels are not advised in pregnancy.
If required, an additional calcium supplement such as Osteocare® may be taken with Pregnacare®.
The UK Department of Health recommends all pregnant and breastfeeding women should take a daily supplement containing 10ug of vitamin D.
Originally developed with Prof. A.H. Beckett OBE, PhD, DSc
Professor Emeritus, University of London
Prof. Beckett (1920-2010) is cited as a product inventor and former Chairman of Vitabiotics.
Science of healthy living
Pregnacare® works with
For further information on The National Childbirth Trust visit www.nct.org.uk
Registered Charity No. 801395
For further information on Go Folic! visit www.gofolic.co.uk
Registered Charity No. 249338
One tablet per day, with your main meal. Swallow with water or a cold drink and take with a main meal. Not to be chewed.
Do not exceed recommended intake. To be taken only on a full stomach.
You can start taking Pregnacare® at any point during pregnancy. It can be used as long as required.
- As with other supplements, seek professional advice before using if you are under medical supervision or suffer from food allergies.
- Do not take if you are allergic to soya.
- As Pregnacare® contains vitamin K, if you are taking oral anticoagulants (e.g. warfarin) do not take Pregnacare® except on the advice of a doctor. Vitamin K is not known to specifically interact with the action of aspirin or heparin.
- This product contains iron, which if taken in excess by very young children may be harmful.
- Food supplements must not replace a varied and balanced diet and a healthy lifestyle.
Preparation and Usage
One tablet per day, with your main meal.
Swallow with water or a cold drink. Not to be chewed. Do not exceed the recommended intake. To be taken only on a full stomach.
You can start talking Pregnacare® at any point during pregnancy.
This comprehensive formula replaces other Pregnacare® supplements and multivitamins.
There is no need to take an additional multivitamin.
Return To Address
For more information please contact:
1 Apsley Way,
Tel: 020 8955 2662
Country of Origin
1 Apsley Way
Full Product Name:
One-a-day vitamins & minerals for all of pregnancy
Store below 25°C in a dry place, out of sight and reach of children.
Food supplements must not replace a varied and balanced diet and a healthy lifestyle.
As with other food supplements, seek professional advice before using if you are under medical supervision or suffer from food allergies.
As Pregnacare® contains vitamin K, if you are taking oral anticoagulants (e.g. warfarin) do not take Pregnacare® except on the advice of a doctor. Vitamin K is not known to specifically interact with the action of aspirin or heparin.
This product contains iron, which if taken in excess, may be harmful to very young children.
Made in Britain
Allergens can be found in the ingredients list
Free From Gluten, Contains Soya
Allergy Advice: For allergens see highlighted ingredients
Bulking Agent: Maltodextrin, Magnesium Oxide, Mircrocrystalline Cellulose, Vitamin C (Ascorbic Acid, Hydroxypropylmethylcellulose), Ferrous Fumarate, Tablet Coating (Hydroxypropylmethylcellulose, Hydroxypropylcellulose, Caprylic/Capric Triglycerides, Natural Source Colours [Titanium Dioxide, Iron Oxides]), Zinc Sulphate, Anti-Caking Agents: Silicon Dioxide, Stearic Acid and Magnesium Stearate, Niacin (as Nicotinamide), Vitamin B6 (Pyridoxine HCl), Natural Mixed Carotenoids (Betacarotene, Modified Starch, Corn Starch, Glucose Syrup, Antioxidants: DL-Alpha Tocopherol, Sodium Ascorbate), Pantothenic Acid (as Calcium Salt), Vitamin B12 (Cyanocobalamin [Carriers: Maltodextrin, Trisodium Citrate, Citric Acid]), Vitamin E (D-Alpha Tocopheryl Acid Succinate) (from Soya), Vitamin D3 (Cholecalciferol [Carriers: Acacia, Sucrose, Corn Starch, Medium Chain Triglycerides, Antioxidant: DL-Alpha Tocopherol]), Thiamin (Vitamin B1 as Mononitrate), Riboflavin, Copper Sulphate, Vitamin K (Vitamin K1, Acacia, Sucrose), Folic Acid (as Pterolymonoglutamic Acid), Potassium Iodide, Biotin, Sodium Selenate
Not Tested on Animals; Suitable for Vegetarians
|Typical Values||Av. per tablet||% EC NRV*|
|Vitamin D (as D3 400 IU)||10 µg||200|
|Vitamin E||4 mg a-TE||33|
|Vitamin K||70 µg||93|
|Vitamin C||70 mg||88|
|Thiamin (Vitamin B1)||3 mg||273|
|Riboflavin (Vitamin B2)||2 mg||143|
|Niacin (Vitamin B3)||20 mg NE||125|
|Vitamin B6||10 mg||714|
|Folic Acid||400 µg||200|
|Vitamin B12||6 µg||240|
|Pantothenic acid||6 mg||100|
|Natural Mixed Carotenoids||2 mg||-|
|*NRV - Nutrient Reference Value|
|µg - microgram, mg - milligram, IU - International Units|
- These summary details have been prepared for information purposes only, and are designed to enhance your shopping experience on the Ocado website. While we have taken care in preparing this summary and believe it is accurate, it is not a substitute for your reading the product packaging and label prior to use. You should note that products and their ingredients are subject to change. If you do require precise ingredient information you should consult the manufacturer, whose contact details will appear on the packaging or label.
- Ocado is therefore unable to accept liability for any incorrect information. Where this description contains a link to another party's website for further information on the product, please note that Ocado has no control over and no liability for the contents of that website.
- You should also note that the picture images show only our serving suggestions of how to prepare your food - all table accessories and additional items and/or ingredients pictured with the product you are purchasing are not included.
- This data is supplied for personal use only. It may not be reproduced in any way whatsoever without Ocado Limited's prior consent, nor without due acknowledgement.