Offer - Waitrose Duchy Organic Beetroot 500g
2 days guaranteed (avg. 2)*
£2.62 per kg
Delicious roasted to bring out its sweet, earthy flavour.
Product is sold by weight, so number and size of beetroot may vary.
Supporting The Prince's Charities
Every Waitrose Duchy Organic purchase generates money for The Prince of Wales's Charities.
Since 2009, you've helped to raise over £14m for good causes - including the Duchy Future Farming Programme, which supports British farmers in developing more sustainable farming practices.
For more information visit www.waitrose.com/organic
Organic farming works with nature, using crop rotations and clover to build fertility in the soil.
- Brands: Duchy from Waitrose
- Dietary & Lifestyle: Organic, Vegetarian
- Options: Vitality healthy food, On Offer
Hob - From Ambient. Low Heat. 30-40 mins. Wash well, top and tail the beetroot peel if required. Place the beetroot in a pan of cold water, cover, bring to the boil, then simmer for 30-40 mins or until tender. Drain, allow to cool and season to taste.; Oven cook - From Ambient. Gas 7, 220°C, Fan 200°C. 40-45 mins. Preheat the oven. Wash well, top and tail the beetroot, peel if required. Placing in a roasting tin, and drizzle 2 tbsp of oil. Place in the oven on the top shelf and roast for 40-45 mins or until the beetroot is tender, season and serve.
Preparation and Usage
Wash before use
Return To Address
Country of Origin
Country of origin may vary due to seasonality.
Country of origin may vary between Italy, Spain, UK.
Full Product Name:
Organic beetroot, grown by specially selected farmers who share our commitment to quality. Delicious roasted to bring out its sweet, earthy flavour.
Refrigerate after purchase.
For display until see front of pack.
EU Organic - GB-ORG-05, EU Agriculture
|Typical Values||As Sold Per 100g||As Sold Per Serving|
|of which saturates||0.0g||0.0g|
|of which sugars||7.0g||5.6g|
This is such a simple recipe and it looks so impressive that guests will be checking the kitchen to make sure that you haven't kidnapped a chef.
This recipe is a corker – rich and velvety, and a tad lighter than a traditional, fudgy brownie. Warm from the oven, it makes a good pudding brownie to serve with vanilla ice cream.
Pickled red beetroot is complemented by the sour notes of the sheep's cheese in this light summer dish. If you can't find sheep milk cheese, feta is a good alternative.
Delicious on its own or with slices of chicken breast
Enjoy the flavour of fresh, new season beetroot by cooking it in its own foil bag.
1 hr 45 mins
- Life guarantee
- Minimum life based on 'use-by' date of product. Average life based on last week's deliveries. Life guarantee shown based on delivery tomorrow with the Life guarantee starting the following day. Please book a slot to view Life guarantee for your chosen delivery day. See Terms and Conditions for further details.
- These summary details have been prepared for information purposes only, and are designed to enhance your shopping experience on the Ocado website. While we have taken care in preparing this summary and believe it is accurate, it is not a substitute for your reading the product packaging and label prior to use. You should note that products and their ingredients are subject to change. If you do require precise ingredient information you should consult the manufacturer, whose contact details will appear on the packaging or label.
- Ocado is therefore unable to accept liability for any incorrect information. Where this description contains a link to another party's website for further information on the product, please note that Ocado has no control over and no liability for the contents of that website.
- You should also note that the picture images show only our serving suggestions of how to prepare your food - all table accessories and additional items and/or ingredients pictured with the product you are purchasing are not included.
- This data is supplied for personal use only. It may not be reproduced in any way whatsoever without Ocado Limited's prior consent, nor without due acknowledgement.