Offer - Waitrose Leckford Plain White Flour 1.5kg
over 1 month *
84.7p per kg
Store in a cool dry place
Rustic Apple Tart with Cider Caramel Sauce
Preparation time: 15 minutes plus chilling
Cooking time: 25 minutes
175g Leckford Plain White Flour
75g butter, diced
100g golden granulated sugar
3 Braeburn apples, cored and sliced
Zest of 1 lemon plus 1 tbsp juice
1/4 tsp ground cinnamon
400ml Leckford cider
2 tbsp crème fraiche
1. Preheat the oven to 200°C, gas mark 6.
2. Place flour, butter and 1 tbsp sugar in a food processor and pulse to make crumbs. Add 50ml water and mix to make a dough. Knead lightly and chilli.
3. Roll out the pastry to a 35x25cm rectangle and place on a baking sheet.
4. Mix apples with lemon zest and juice, half the sugar, sultanas and cinnamon and spread over the pastry leaving a 2cm border around the edges. Pinch up the edges to make a rim.
5. Bake for 25 minutes until golden.
6. Meanwhile, boil the cider and remaining sugar for 10 minutes until syrupy. Stir in the crème fraiche and simmer for 1 minute and serve with the tart.
Country of Origin
Country of Packing
Bag - Paper
Bag - Paper - Widely Recycled; Closure - Plastic - Check Local Recycling
Allergy Advice: For allergens see highlighted ingredients
Fortified Wheat Flour (Wheat Flour, Calcium Carbonate, Iron, Niacin, Thiamin)
|Typical Values||As Sold Per 100g|
|of which saturates||0.5g|
|of which sugars||1.6g|
These quick and easy fishfingers, made with fresh cod and coated with pesto breadcrumbs, will become a family teatime favourite
A tasty recipe from Annabel Karmel, No.1 Parenting Author.
1 hr 5 mins
This is a Danish classic, made with chicken or turkey instead of veal
This apple and lemon thyme crumble from Gary Hunter, head of culinary arts at Westminster Kingsway College, is accompanied by a delicious marscapone ice cream and a Maldon salted caramel sauce.
1 hr 30 mins
Melting camembert adds the final magic touch to this simple winter winner. Cook's tip: You can use any root winter veg here: try beetroot, red onions, swede. Or try spinach instead of cavolo nero.
- Life guarantee
- Minimum life based on 'use-by' date of product. Average life based on last week's deliveries. Life guarantee shown based on delivery tomorrow with the Life guarantee starting the following day. Please book a slot to view Life guarantee for your chosen delivery day. See Terms and Conditions for further details.
- These summary details have been prepared for information purposes only, and are designed to enhance your shopping experience on the Ocado website. While we have taken care in preparing this summary and believe it is accurate, it is not a substitute for your reading the product packaging and label prior to use. You should note that products and their ingredients are subject to change. If you do require precise ingredient information you should consult the manufacturer, whose contact details will appear on the packaging or label.
- Ocado is therefore unable to accept liability for any incorrect information. Where this description contains a link to another party's website for further information on the product, please note that Ocado has no control over and no liability for the contents of that website.
- You should also note that the picture images show only our serving suggestions of how to prepare your food - all table accessories and additional items and/or ingredients pictured with the product you are purchasing are not included.
- This data is supplied for personal use only. It may not be reproduced in any way whatsoever without Ocado Limited's prior consent, nor without due acknowledgement.