Waitrose Medium Free Range Whole Chicken Typically: 1.325kg
3 days guaranteed (avg. 5)*
£5.99 per kg
Min. weight: 1kg
Max. weight: 1.65kg
Easier to store
- Brands: Waitrose
Keep Refrigerated; Suitable for Home Freezing
Oven cook - From Chilled. Conventional Oven: 200°C 45 mins per kg + 20 mins
Fan Oven 180°C: 45 mins per kg + 20 mins
Gas Oven 6: 45 mins per kg + 20 mins
Preheat oven. Remove all packaging. Place in a roasting dish, brush with oil and place in oven until thoroughly cooked, the juices run clear and there is no pink meat. If the breast browns too quickly cover with foil. Stand for 10 minutes before carving.
Do not reheat once cooled.
Preparation and Usage
Roast according to weight...
Simply add your favourite seasoning herbs or seasoning, herbs or garlic
Preparation: There is no need to wash poultry before cooking. Wash hands, all surfaces and utensils after touching raw poultry.
Return To Address
We are committed to bringing you the best quality. Should you not be happy with this product, please bring the packaging back to any Waitrose branch and we'll replace your item and refund you.
Recipe Suggestion - Bacon and Mustard Crusted Chicken
Preheat the oven to 200°C, fan 180°C, gas mark 6. Mix 25g softened butter with 1 tsp wholegrain mustard and 1 tbsp chopped parsley. Loosen the skin over the breasts of the chicken and spread the butter mixture between the flesh and skin. Stretch 6 rashers smoked streaky bacon with the back of a knife and lay over the breast, tucking the ends between the legs. Cover loosely with foil. Place in a roasting tin and roast according to the pack instructions until the chicken is thoroughly cooked and the juices run clear, removing the foil for the last half hour. Serve hot or cold with fresh vegetables or salad.
Country of Origin
Country of Packing
Film - Plastic - Not Currently Recycled
Keep refrigerated below 4°C. Once opened consume within 2 days. Do not exceed use by date. Cool leftovers to room temperature, refrigerate within 2 hours, consume within 2 days. Freeze as soon after purchase as possible and within the use by date. Use within one month. Defrost fully before use: do not refreeze once defrosted.
Packaged in a protective atmosphere
Per 100g Energy 835kJ 201kcal
Per 150g serving as sold provides Energy 1253kJ 301kcal 15%, Fat 20.7g 30%, Sat Fat 5.7g 29%, Sugars 0.0g 0%, Salt 0.26g 5% GDA
Fresh Class A
Produced from British chicken
|Typical Values||as sold per 150g serving||as sold per 100g|
|of which sugars||0.0g||0.0g|
|of which saturates||5.7g||3.8g|
This is fusion food at its best. Delicious fresh flavours in the marinade combine perfectly with Gran Luchito Smoked Chilli Paste to give it a unique smoky heat. If you love tandoori chicken then this is definitely one for you to try. Nice easy recipe too, just throw all the ingredients together and leave it to take on all the amazing flavours overnight. To make a meal of it, try serving this chicken with some Mexican Ratatouille or herby rice. For more recipe ideas and inspiration visit http://gran.luchito.com/recipes-and-ideas.
8 hrs 35 mins
This delicious soup is a great way to get the most from your Roast Chicken.
- Life guarantee
- * Minimum life based on 'use-by' date of product. Average life based on last week's deliveries. Life guarantee shown based on delivery tomorrow and includes day of delivery. Please book a slot to view Life guarantee for your chosen delivery day. See Terms and Conditions for further details.
- These summary details have been prepared for information purposes only, and are designed to enhance your shopping experience on the Ocado website. While we have taken care in preparing this summary and believe it is accurate, it is not a substitute for your reading the product packaging and label prior to use. You should note that products and their ingredients are subject to change. If you do require precise ingredient information you should consult the manufacturer, whose contact details will appear on the packaging or label.
- Ocado is therefore unable to accept liability for any incorrect information. Where this description contains a link to another party's website for further information on the product, please note that Ocado has no control over and no liability for the contents of that website.
- You should also note that the picture images show only our serving suggestions of how to prepare your food - all table accessories and additional items and/or ingredients pictured with the product you are purchasing are not included.
- This data is supplied for personal use only. It may not be reproduced in any way whatsoever without Ocado Limited's prior consent, nor without due acknowledgement.